- What to do if you’re hacked:
- 1. Contact Zynga as soon as possible via Zynga Support:
- : http://www.zynga.com/about/contact.php
- Or Live Chat:
- 2. If you have the 10 digit security code that was given to us via email or on your mafia Wars screen, then Zynga will be able to roll back your account so that you have not lost everything.
- 3. Contact Facebook asap via My friend's account has been hackedhttp://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=friend_compromised
- FB Help page: http://www.facebook.com/help/
- To begin the Account Verification Process to regain access to your account, please submit the following contact form:http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_form=hack_nologin_access
- Facebook Direct contact Information:
- 471 Emerson St.
- Palo Alto, CA 94301-1605 United States
- Phone: 650-543-4800
- Fax: 650-543-4801
- Email Link:http://www.contacthelp.com/update_listing_modify_department.php?listing_dept=414
- Facebook Help Center:
- 4. In addition we have learned that if you have your 10 digit security number that was given to all of us via email by Zynga that they will be able to roll back your account once your FB account has been reestablished.
- 5. Contact Paypal, your banks or credit card companies to make them aware of the situation this way they can stop all activity on your accounts immediately.
- 6. Continuously call & write to Zynga & Facebook to get answers from them, have your friends join in support of you. If money is involved you should demand a quicker investigation. Remember: A squeaky wheel will always get oiled.
- Helpful hints to try avoid being hacked:
- 1. Change your password & make it strong, write it down keep it a notebook.
- 2. Remove all of your credit card information from Facebook each time you make a purchase.
- 3. Remove your Paypal account.
- 4. Install an anti-virus program or Suite to ensure your computers & your information remains safe & the program should include an anti-phishing program. Norton 2010 looks for Phishing programs & alerts you have you have a problem before you log into Facebook.
- 5. When you log onto Facebook & it states that you have entered an incorrect password, close the current browser that you are in and reopen it and put your password back in.
- 6. Also keep your FB & MW Profile IDs in safe place, copy them to a disc or USB card, this way you have it available to you if needed.
- 7. Changing these settings will keep your information private and make hacking more difficult:
- • Choose Your Privacy Settings >Customize settings
- • Contact information: Only me
- • Mobile phone: Only Me
- • Other phone: Only Me
- • Address: Only Me
- • IM screen name: Friends Only
- • E-Mail: Only Me
- Perhaps repetitive but helpful…
- • Hide your email...
- • hide your birthday...and hopefully it is fake
- • Friends only view
- • Never auto save log in...thats where they get you
- • If your email account has been compromised, please take the following steps:
- • Think of a unique and complex password and keep it unavailable to everyone. You can accomplish this from the Account Settings page of your account or by using the "Forgot" link on the login page.
- • Do step one for every email address associated with this account. Make sure to avoid using the same password for any other account.
- • Verify all email addresses associated with your account on the Contact Email section athttps://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php
- • From your Facebook Account Settings page, complete a unique security question to your account, if you have not already done so.
- • Report to Facebook any and all suspicious material athttp://www.facebook.com/security
- Facebook Developer http://facebook-developer.net/contact/#results
- If you are still having difficulties resolving your issue you should do the following:
- A consumer complaint with the BBB, here is an example:http://sanjose.bbb.org/UpdateComplaint.aspx
- Don Adams If you don't get fast resolution with that then go to IC3 ( http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx ) and file a complaint
- File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
- For example, this person filed their complaint on Friday. They sent it to Facebook on Sunday and Facebook responded to it on Monday. This is what Facebook said in response to my BBB complaint:
- Company's Initial Response - Posted 01/10/2011
- Thank you for your report. For security reasons, we have removed the reported account. To begin the Account Verification Process to regain access to your account, please submit the following contact form: http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?show_form=hack_nologin_access Once we receive your inquiry, a member of our Facebook User Operations team will assist you further. Unfortunately, for security reasons, we cannot proceed with your request until we receive correspondence from you and can verify that you are the account owner. We apologize for any inconvenience. For more information on hacked accounts, please visit the following page: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1011
- Initial Response Summary
- Hacked Account
- Zynga - Connecting the world through games
- For ongoing information about Zynga, please read our company blog. Also, feel free to contact us with service questions, partnership proposals or media inquiries.
a guest Apr 13th, 2011 300 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!