- Dead or Alive 5's Bath and Bedtime DLC could be its creepiest yet
- By Wesley Yin-Poole Published Monday, 4 August 2014
- Japanese publisher Koei Tecmo has released new downloadable content for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - and it could be its creepiest yet.
- The Bath and Bedtime DLC dresses up Dead or Alive's various female characters in bath towels, nightgowns and pyjamas. The trailer, below, shows the DLC in action.
- From the official description: "The girls of DOA5U get cozy in 10 new bath towel and pyjama-themed costumes. This [sic] costumes are bathtime costumes for Ayane, Helena, Tina and Rachel; and bedtime costumes for Kokoro, Hitomi, Marie Rose, Mila, Leifang and Momiji."
- There aren't any bathtime or bedtime costumes for the game's male characters.
- When it comes to this sort of thing, Dead or Alive 5 has form. Previous DLC includes "Hotties Swimwear", "Cheerleader Costumes" and "Hot Getaway Packs".
- But the franchise's reputation goes back further: who can forget 2003 Xbox title Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball?
- Back in 2011, ahead of the release of Dead or Alive 5, Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi indicated the developer would dial back the series' notorious boob fixation.
- "Guys who just look at chick's boobs... c'mon, there's more to women and more to beauty than just boobs, so we want to take a little more adult approach to how to make women beautiful," he told us.
- Team Ninja recently worked on the awful Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. It's currently collaborating on Wii U exclusive Hyrule Warriors with Nintendo.
- For what it's worth, we've asked Koei Tecmo for comment.
RAW Paste Data Copied