Duplicati gets some love
- I was just listening to episode on backups. A solution I really like is Duplicati. Duplicati is a tool that runs on localhost as a webapp. it just acts a front end and you bring a backend and it supports everything from local drives to S3.
- It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux, The software lets you configure different backup schedules using different retention polices and backends. The setup I like is to have a dedicated drive for local backups and use digitalocean spaces for offsite backups.
- The only downside is that it has to run in docker or do some tom foolery to get it work on a headless server which I have linked below.
- duplicati site: https://www.duplicati.com/
- duplicati docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duplicati/
- linux server install: https://forum.duplicati.com/t/installing-duplicati-on-ubunutu-linux/743
- Something else to consider for backups is the ability to get a physical device shipped to you services like I drive and the backblaze user plan will ship you a drive rather than saturate your bandwidth downloading all your data in the event of a massive failure
- Thanks for all the great content