[TLH/SinKid] Lyra and Rochelle have a chat
Warden-Sigma Jul 15th, 2019 (edited) 18 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "You keep staring at my chest."
- Rochelle blushed, glancing away. "N-no, I wasn't. I-I was s-staring at... er, y-your necklace t-thing."
- Lyra raised an eyebrow, then looked at the cross necklace held in her hands, the one she was fiddling with just before. "Oh, this?"
- She unhooked it, and handed it to Rochelle.
- "You can have a closer look if you'd like."
- Rochelle took it and had a look at it herself. A look of... worry crossed her face. "S-so, you're...?"
- Lyra paused. "Oh! Yeah, I'm a Christian." She smiled.
- This, however, didn't give Rochelle any comfort, apparently. She gingerly handed it back. "I-I see. So, uh... D-does that mean...?"
- Lyra tilted her head slightly. "I... don't follow."
- "Y-you know, uh..." She coughed, rubbing the back of her neck. "I mean... Y-you know I, uh... ahem, l-like g-girls..."
- "Oh. Oh! No no no no, not at all." Lyra chuckled. "Dude, I have no issue with that, like at all. That'd kind of go against the Bible anyway."
- "W-wait, w-what?" Rochelle raised an eyebrow.
- "Yeah, technically there's nothing in it that says anything against homosexuality, if you actually read it like I have."
- "W-what about t-that one p-passage? Y-y'know, th-the one which says-"
- "Yeah, I know the one. Technically that's an anti-contraception thing, cuz it says if you're a man, and you sleep with a man specifically to stop your wife getting pregnant, then yeah, that's not on."
- "And I'm pretty sure the Bible itself mentions that these are more to be followed to the intention of the laws rather than the exact specifics. Like the clothing made of two fabrics thing, that's more saying 'hey, stop flaunting your wealth' because that kinda fabric was really expensive."
- "I'm l-learning all k-kinds of things." Rochelle smiled.
- "So I'm guessing those Fundamentalist assholes are going "***RULES AS WRITTEN!***" rather than actually listening to their idealised figure or actually reading their book?" Toby, appearing from the kitchen, asked.
- "Yeah, exactly, Tobes!" Lyra replied. "Lord, *fuck* those kinds of people."
- Rochelle's eyes widened. "W-wow, that's th-the first time I-I've heard y-you swear."
- "I have a lot of pent-up anger."
- "I-I can t-tell." Rochelle chuckled. "Now, uh... y-you said you wanted to talk to me about something?"
RAW Paste Data