a guest Sep 18th, 2019 90 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- fuzzyizmitToday at 12:23 PM
- I have a suspicion it is just randomly assigning people stuff
- 👁👁D̕ ̡̛́ ̨o҉ ͘͠ ̕ ͟G̡👁👁Today at 12:25 PM
- Let's find out
- Block of text
- "His mind was exaggerating, of course. There weren't THAT many skywalks, but it did mean that if he migrated towards the areas with lots of them, he'd probably find more foot traffic - and more active stores, and more people.
- But something else caught his eye.
- It was a wall, in the obscure, foggy distance - a wall that stood taller than any but the tallest of the towers. This wall was made of, similar to the rest, stone blocks - but these blocks were just so much larger, each one the size of a small cottage on its own. Strange reddish metal reinforced all of these blocks in an uncomfortably organic pattern that he felt emulated...
- "A spiderweb," he whispered, a smile smile touching the corners of his lips.
- Once he saw the similiarity, it was less uncomfortable to him and more beautiful. Spiders, he knew, were industrious little friends that worked hard to control insect populations. They were nice little professionals and never really MEANT to harm people... and...
- His face fell."
- Submitting in a private browsing window with all tracking blocked and no cookies allowed.
- First submission: Stephen King
- Second Submission: Stephen King
- Third submission: Stephen King
- Fourth submission: Stephen King
- Attempting to add three paragraphs to the start
- First modified submission: Dan brown
- Dan Brown.
- Pasting the entire document if itll let me
- First complete submission: agatha christie
- Second complete submission: Agatha Christie
- Removing a single word from a random paragraph now, with each following submission.
- Sub 1: Aggy
- fuzzyizmitToday at 12:29 PM
- You should submit a passage from Stephen King etc to see if it spits out the right author
- 👁👁D̕ ̡̛́ ̨o҉ ͘͠ ̕ ͟G̡👁👁Today at 12:29 PM
- Sub 2: Aggy
- I will in a moment
- Sub 3: Aggy
- Sub4 : aggy.
- Attempting pargraph pasting from author
- Excerpt from Stephen King's Cell pasted
- Sub 1 Stephen King
- Sub 2 Stephen King
- Sub 3: Stephen king
- Sub 4: Stephen king
- Removing one line with each following submission
- 1: stephen king
- 2: Stephen King
- 3: David Foster Wallace
- 4: David Foster Wallace
- This was a three paragraph submission.
- It appears with a large enough sample size that the algorithm at work is approximately congruent submission to submission given that the submissions are the same. This could be for a lot of reasons, but the least paranoid reason is that it's actually employing an algorithm.
- Ultimately, one should note this is a statistical analysis based on word usage, and not on structure, grammar competency, paragraph length, writing style or anything else. '
- It does, in fact, seem to require a large sample size for high accuracy. Removal of lines from the final test resulted in congruency failure in the final two submissions due to inadequate length.
- So, as far as my small test goes
- I'd say it isn't random, it's making use specifically of an algorithm that counts the times each word used is used, and forms a list of all words used. IT then compares this matrix to the matrix of a famous author based on analysis done by other people (it was a thing for a bit to do stuff like form a word density map and number of different words used for authors, songs, etc and is now quite easy with digital sources and google's own tools) in order to determine a level of congruency. Once it compares YOUR matrix to the matrices of all of the authors in its database
- It spits out the author whose matrix is most congruent to your own.
- I hope that was interesting.
RAW Paste Data