a guest Mar 13th, 2018 64 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Temporary paste to keep this saved:
- >just moved across the country for a new job
- >left the girlfriend at home to finish packing and moving out, I had to arrive early to start work
- >we decided that it would be a good idea to save up as much as possible so we could afford a home in our new city, so we rented an apartment in the "bad" part of town
- >well, not bad per se, but not entirely human. Plenty of people are still pretty prejudiced, but it means the rent here is great so I'm not complaining too much
- >The apartment is in an old brick building, only a few stories tall and in good condition all things considered.
- >I enter and see a bear of a man - quite literally - slumped against the wall waiting for me
- >As I enter he stands tall and approaches, paw outstretched for a handshake
- >"Hello, new friend, I am landlord Alexei! Velcome to new home! I hev key right here."
- >He looks around expectantly and his smile begins to fade
- >"vait, you said it vas two, you and girlfriend, is wrong?"
- >"Oh, sorry, I must've forgot to mention. She's still across the country getting everything ready for the move. I had to come early for my job."
- >Alexei frowns deeply
- >"Is...is that a problem?"
- >"No, is no problem, except...Ve hev girls here who live alone and are in that time of year."
- >I don't understand what he means and the look on my face must make that plain
- >"Heat, my friend, heat. If you hev girlfriend here she has scent on you and is no trouble, but if you are alone..."
- >Alexei holds his finger up to say "one moment" and disappears into a small room that looks to be a storage closet of some kind
- >When he returns he's carrying a spray bottle with what looks like a large green apple on it
- >"Here, I give this to you. You spray around door every day. EVERY day. No trouble. I must go now, wife does not like me to be at property for long time."
- >He shoves the bottle and key into my hands and quickly walks out the door, shouting "GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND"
RAW Paste Data