- [07:50:29] <copper> [Saint]: "Thank you for your fantastic theme. However I presume there is an issue. In the now playing screen, if the Artist or Album Name is long, when it starts to slide, the whole line beeps rapidly."
- [07:50:42] <copper> that's what I reported the other day
- [07:50:44] <saratoga> IIRC it used to be 1dB steps that the drivers converted into their native units, but i don't know what the recent changes involved
- [07:51:07] <copper> when the available width is a tiny bit too small, the line blinks instead of scrolling
- [07:54:14] <copper> how to reproduce: download http://outpost.fr/stuff/iBox-random_access_memories.zip, set the theme to "iBox", change the "album" tag of any song to "Random Access Memories", play that song
- [07:54:40] <copper> works in the iPod Video sim
- [07:54:52] <copper> I mean, the bug shows in the iPod Video sim
- [07:54:59] <copper> can be reproduced*
- [08:06:49] <copper> interestingly, I can't reproduce that bug with the Fuze+
- [08:07:00] <copper> with the same font, metadata and dimensions
- [08:16:26] <copper> ok, I see the blinking happening on the iPod Video sim even when the available width is significantly narrower than the metadata value
- [08:19:30] <copper> hmmm
- [08:19:33] <copper> very interesting
- [08:20:45] <copper> the title and artist theme fields are exactly the same dimensions, but the bug doesn't happen with the track title section on my theme
- [08:23:46] <copper> wow
- [08:24:03] <copper> the bug is fixed if I change the color of the field from 666666 to 000000 o_O
- [08:26:16] <copper> all colors except black cause the bug, apparently
- [08:30:03] <bertrik> if it happens in the sim as well, it's much easier to debug
- [08:31:02] <bertrik> copper: can you wrap everything up in a flyspray bug?
- [08:33:10] <copper> about the theme bug?
- [08:33:40] <copper> I don't even know what the report
- [08:33:51] <copper> I don't understand what's causing it at all
- [08:34:03] <copper> I'm trying a bunch of things
- [08:34:40] <copper> it does seem to have something to do with colors
- [08:41:28] <copper> I don't understand
- [08:41:49] <copper> http://pastebin.com/rTEpyKCF
- [08:41:54] <copper> this causes it to blink
- [08:59:58] <copper> this is incomprehensible
- [09:07:46] <copper> I'm going insane over that blinking bug
- [09:17:48] <copper> super weird
- [09:18:10] <copper> I fixed it by putting the color definition (%Vf) and the metadata (%s%ac%id) on the same line
- [09:18:22] <copper> there were no trailing characters
- [09:48:30] <pixelma_> I've sometimes seen blank lines in viewports where non should be and the positioning of %Vf or even other thing in the code affecting it. Maybe what you see as "blinking" is a short appearance of a blank line?
- [09:57:42] <copper> hmmm
- [09:57:58] <copper> you mean a blank line that has the same height as the text?
- [09:58:12] <copper> as opposed to a 1px high line
- [09:59:10] <copper> what is strange, is that I used pretty much the same code, with the same syntax and same positionning, for my Fuze+ theme, but I can't reproduce the bug on the Fuze+
- [09:59:31] <copper> I might look more into it tomorrow
- [10:00:15] <copper> see if I can isolate the problem as much as possible
- [10:01:49] <copper> good night
- [18:58:52] <copper> interesting: the blinking bug occurs when the color of the field in question is NOT the "front color" as defined in the theme file
- [19:00:42] <copper> it also occurs if the background color is not the one defined in the theme
a guest Jul 22nd, 2013 37 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 40% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!