Pokemon Emerald FAQ (November 2018)
Exarion Nov 4th, 2018 (edited) 3,029 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Pokemon Emerald any% glitchless FAQ
- Q: What are you playing on?
- A: A GameCube using a GameBoy Player.
- Q: What are you trying to do?
- A: Beat the game as fast as possible without using glitches.
- Q: What is the world record?
- A: 2:33:04 by me.
- Q: What is your goal?
- A: To finish a run with good execution and above-average luck. That should get me a 2:31 or so.
- Q: What's different about the route?
- A: I'll be RNG manipulating an Abra for Teleport, which cuts down on movement and allows a 50-second trainer fight to be skipped. I'll also be attempting to catch a Rayquaza with high stats using a Poke Ball, allowing the 45-second Master Ball to be skipped.
- Q: Why are you resetting?
- A: This is RNG manipulation. When you soft reset the game with A+B+Start+Select, the RNG counter is set to 0. It then advances once per frame (1 second = 60 frames), with a few predictable exceptions. Manipulation requires you to hit one or more timed inputs that line up with your desired RNG frames. There are four manips in this run: Mudkip (1-frame stat window), Abra (4-frame encounter window, 20-frame catch window), Wingull (6-frame encounter window, 13-frame catch window) and Rayquaza (5-frame stat window, 4-frame catch window).
- A: What stats does the manipped Mudkip have?
- Q: It has a Naughty nature with IVs of 21/23/28/30/29/29. The Attack is a bit low, but the other stats are so good that I'm willing to accept it.
- Q: Why pick the girl?
- A: Your rival is the opposite sex, and the boy talks less and is slightly easier to beat when you face him.
RAW Paste Data