- 1. What is the highest quality?
- a. V0
- b. V2
- c. 320k
- d. FLAC
- e. 192k
- 2. Explain what a “lossless” transcode is.
- 3. Explain what a “lossy” transcode is.
- 4. What transcodes are acceptable on what.cd?
- 5. Name 3 lossless formats
- 6. Name 3 lossy formats
- 7. What does FLAC stand for?
- 8. A file encoded with LAME has what file extension?
- 9. Explain how you would recognize a lossy to lossy transcode.
- 10. What is a “container”? Is changing a file's container allowed?
- 11. Explain spectral analysis
- 12. Name the 5 allowed transcodes on what.cd
- 13. You see an album in FLAC, without any transcodes. Should you download it to transcode and put the files back up, or would that be against the rules?
- 14. Your share ratio falls below the required amount. How long do you have to fix it?
- 15. What is a “seedbox”?
- 16. what has a higher quality: WAV or .flac?
- 17. which of the following are acceptable transcodes?
- a. CD->WAV->FLAC->ALAC->V2
- b. CD->WAV->FLAC->V0->ALAC->V2
- c. ALAC->APE->V0->V2
- d. F:AC->V0->ALAC
- e. V0->320
- 18. What are the “Big 3” MP3 types?
- 19. Explain the difference between CBR, ABR, and VBR.
- 20. A file is transcoded from FLAC to a 320k CBR and a 256k ABR MP3. A 1-second sample is taken at the same point in both files. Is it possible for the 256k ABR sample to have a higher quality than the 320k CBR clip? If so, how/why?
- 21. What is your preferred CD Ripper/burner?
a guest Nov 20th, 2012 743 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data