Instructions for a 9NYAN to CREDITS Upgrade
- Instructions for a 9NYAN to CREDITS Upgrade
- Instructions given by IRC user Lime
- LAZY OPTION
- 1. Download Credit-qt, open it, make an address and make sure you copy it
- 2. Close credit-qt, open nyancoin-qt (9nyan ofc) and send everything you have to the new address.
- [ This procedure might take ~2 Hours or longer to get your Credits confirmed in the new Credits wallet, please be patient. ]
- LESS LAZY OPTION
- 1. go into %appdata%
- 2. take all files from nyancoin directory and copy it into %appdata%/CreditsCRD1
- Now before you proceed with the following instructions please locate your client folder. In windows this would be called your roaming folder, but in osx it has another name.
- "C:\Users\yourcomuterusername\AppData\Roaming" or alternatively you can type %appdata% into your startmenu and click the roaming folder that shows up.
- ~/Library/Application Support/nyancoin
- Tutorials for osx folder can be found here: http://www.macworld.com/article/2057221/how-to-view-the-library-folder-in-mavericks.html and here: http://www.finerthings.in/featured/lion-library-folder-visible/
- Once you're done backing up the wallet, remove that old 9nyan (Nyn) client and start up your new Credits (CRD) client. From there let it sync then close it. Now you're going to replace the Credits (CRD) client's wallet.dat file with your old 9Nyan (NYN) wallet.dat file. This is where mistakes could be made and why we asked that you make two backups just in case. Please be careful to not hit that delete key. Would be a real shame to lose all those Credits (CRD).
- Now that you have replaced the wallet.dat file with the old 9Nyan (Nyn) wallet.dat file, load up the client again, and rejoice as it syncs up and shows that you are now rich with Credits (CRD). When you see your balance now as Credits (CRD), you should make a new backup. But first please make sure to put a security key on your new client, that is of course if you didn't already have one on your old wallet. Once that has been done and you have reloaded your client go ahead and get rid of those old 9Nyan (NyN) wallet.dat files. Replace them with your new backup of Credits (CRD) and be content in knowing that should your client ever have an issue, that your wallet is safe.
- Congratulations. You are now the proud owner of some Credits and are holding a part of the Key To The Future. Happy mining and may we all prosper with Credits (CRD).