VGC 2016 Team that has used the team building strategy
- 1. Core: Primal Groudon + Primal Kyogre
- Reason The Dual Primals core seemed very appealing as the defensive potential to control weather is very strong.
- 2. Pokemon #3: Mega Salamence
- Reason: Salamance's speed, the Intimidate ability, and strong offensive moves are very strong and can help the Primals take damage better.
- 3. Pokemon #4: Cresselia
- Reason: Cresselia had Trick Room to control speed, Gravity to turn inaccurate moves into accurate moves, and Skill Swap to control weather.
- 4. Pokemon #5: Ferrothorn
- Reason: After Xerneas uses Geomancy to increase its speed by 2 stages, Ferrothorn can use Gyro Ball to heavily damage it and survive its attack.
- 5. Pokemon #6: Crobat
- Reason: Its Poison typing allows it to survive Fairy moves, Tailwind to increase speed, Super Fang to chunk bulky Pokemon, Taunt to stop Smeargle, and Quick Guard to stop priority moves.
- Things that I changed throughout testing the team
- - Changed Crobat to Thundurus for speed control with Thunder Wave and priority Taunt to beat Choiced Scarf Smeargle
- Team: P-Groudon/P-Kyogre/M-Salamence/Cresselia/Ferrothorn/Thundurus-I
- - Changed Salamence/Ferrothorn to Kangaskhan/Amoonguss to increase my Xerneas matchup and have a Trick Room threat
- Team: P-Groudon/P-Kyogre/M-Kangaskhan/Cresslia/Amoonguss/Thundrus-I
- - Changed Cresselia to Bronzong to have an extra Xerneas answer and support the Primals better
- Team: P-Groudon/P-Kyogre/M-Salamence/Bronzong/Ferrothorn/Thundurus-I
- - Changed Thundurus-I to an Assault Vest Raichu to support my Kyogre better with Lighting Rod and Volt Switch to switch better
- Team: P-Groudon/P-Kyogre/M-Salamence/Ferrothorn/Cresseia/Raichu