Sig Fig Rules
a guest Oct 21st, 2019 83 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Addition and Subtraction :
- 1) Count the number of significant figures in the decimal portion of each number in the problem.
- (The digits to the left of the decimal place are not used to determine the number of decimal
- places in the final answer.)
- 2) Add or subtract in the normal fashion.
- 3) Round the answer to the LEAST number of places in the decimal portion of any number in the
- Multiplication and Division
- Multiply or Divide in the normal fashion.
- The LEAST number of significant figures in any number of the problem determines the number of significant figures in the answer.
RAW Paste Data