- Boot OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Install rEFInd with --esp flag:
- ./install.sh --esp
- mkdir /Volumes/esp
- sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/esp
- Then rename the "refind" folder to "boot" and the "refind_x64.efi" to "bootx64.efi".
- Then copy the "driver_x64" folder of the rEFInd install folder into the /efi/boot/ folder and rename it to just "drivers".
- After that: reboot
- My boot delay is now ~5sec (instead of ~40sec).
- To boot into Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite hold down the "alt-key".
- If grub has problems to find your Linux OS, boot into a Live-CD/USB:
- 1.) Check "/etc/default/grub"
- Maybe you have to change "/dev/sda3" to "/dev/sda4" (or similar).
- 2.) Check "/etc/fstab"
- Maybe you have to change "/dev/sda4" to "/dev/sda5" (or similar).
- More information on this topic:
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - How to fix rEFInd
a guest Oct 19th, 2014 3,301 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data