Kanjitomo AHK Shortcut guide v4
a guest Jul 3rd, 2017 477 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Kanjitomo AHK shortcut guide v4
- - Changelog: check bottom
- How to use:
- 1. Download and install Autohotkey (http://ahkscript.org/)
- 2. Download and open the script (if you install it correctly, you should see red, anime character icon in taskbar)
- 3. Use the shortcut provided (or customize it yourself)
- Window key + q - Open Kanjitomo**
- Window key + x - Toggle Auto OCR On/Off
- Window key + a - Manual input to Kanjitomo and change input to Japanese/Hiragana
- Window key + s - Define English word in Google
- Window key + c - Copy, paste words in text file and save**
- F1 - Toggle Japanese/English input
- 4. For '**', you need to set the directory first before you can use the shortcut, or it won't work and error pops up: "The system can't find the file specified"
- 5. Open the script in Notepad
- 6. Change location of Kanjitomo and location of text file with extension.
- 7. Save and open the script again
- 8. Test the shortcut, if it works, you're done. If there's error, there's probably small fuckup, check the script again.
- Customizing shortcut:
- Open the script in notepad
- "#q::" is the shortcut key, change to however you want. #q is a combination of "#" and "q" (# is window key and q is q button.)
- More hotkey is in ahk wiki. (https://autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm)
- . If you're lazy to press button, you can set mouse shortcut if you have more than two button in your mouse for extra comfy. I use Logitech gaming mouse software.
- . Put the script in startup for easier copy and paste words you found on the internet to your Anki text file and easy open Kanjitomo.
- - New features:
- - Add hotkey to toggle Japanese -> Hiragana and English (F1)
- - Add hotkey to toggle Kanjitomo Always on Top (F2) but disabled because I don't see the point of it.
- - Add hotkey to define English word in Google (Win + s) (useful for non-English learner)
- - Now there's easier way to set up location of Kanjitomo and text file
- - Completely reworked copy and paste to text file hotkey
- - Faster
- - Reliable (No more copy paste not registering, I hope)
- - Now return to last window after pasting instead of two last window (which was annoying)
- - Manual translation hotkey now automatically change input to Japanese/Hiragana and no longer clear out text
- - Added Tomo-chan icon
- - Reworked copy text and search definition J-J, now can be used with any default browser but disabled because it's only useful for searching J-J definition (which is only useful for advanced learner)
- - Optimization and better formatting
- - Automatically ON/OFF OCR and Manual Translation key can no longer be used if KanjiTomo isn't open
- - Tons of bug fixed.
- 3.0 - Unreleased for 5 months. Skipped because way to many bug. See 4.0
- - Really fix problem in copy paste script when it didn't copy anything for some reason
- - Fix alt+tab bug (after copy the words, the scripts return to previous window)
- - Added shortcut for easy open Kanjitomo
- - Disable name toggle because I personally rarely use it (it's in script if anyone want to enable it)
- - Remove open text file manually because I combine it with CopyPaste script
- - Better script formatting
- - Fix problem in copy paste when it sometimes didn't copy anything for some reason
- - Better stability I guess
- (Bug, error and feature recommendation: email@example.com)
RAW Paste Data