- Hello everyone,
- Because we were long past the date when Xenos was due to return, I took it upon me to find some Norwegian on the internet who could look him up in the phone book and contact him.
- Through him, I just received a response from Xenos' brother, with very sad news.
- Xenos has passed away three days after the lung transplant operation.
- I have no words.
- I considered Xenos a good friend, and if we weren't joking around in the public channels we were often talking in PMs.
- Rest in Peace, Tor Ivar Pettersen, you will be missed.
- For some practical stuff:
- The Norwegian internet person let me know I could contact Xenos' brother Kristian and I got his phone number.
- Now, I think it is good if I do that and if I continue acting as the main point of contact between him and the #xkcd IRC community.
- I have not contacted Kristian yet and I really could use some help from you all about what to say and such.
- You know I haven't been in #xkcd main for a long time because of a personal reasons, but this is no time for that sort of stuff. I will be in #xkcd for the coming time so I'm easier to reach. You can also PM me or talk to me in one of my other channels. If your online time and mine don't match at all, you can also mail me on kooldioxide at gmail dot com, but I might not respond as fast there.
- If, for now, you would like to help me consider what to say to Xenos' brother, please let me know.
- - CO2
RAW Paste Data