- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 29/11/2015 Sunday 22:40
- GENERAL: EU-Turkey in Brussels signed a deal today about influx of refugees. IMPORTANT: Turkey agreed to fight the smugglers on the shore. Balkan route is expected to be empty quite soon (but not tomorrow) - including the islands in Greece. (citation: "Results must be achieved in particular in stemming the influx of irregular migrants."). More info to come - stay tuned.
- - Ferry strike announced for Thursday 3/12 in Greece.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - IDOMENI: Only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis are allowed to enter Macedonia, up to 3 000 refugees from other countries are stuck at the border, but calm today. Some returning by buses to Athens. UNHCR and other NGOs on site trying to help. If you want to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we recommend ONLY EXPERIENCED volunteers to come, situation very tense and dangerous, no coordinated help on site.
- - LESVOS and other islands: around 4 000 people arrived to Greek islands today. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - GEVGELIJA: Around 2 000 ppl came today, situation calm. Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to email@example.com
- - MIRATOVAC: Still problems with local taxi mafia. Miratovac expected to be bypassed by train next week, exact date not certain. Shoes and rain gear would be much appreciated. If someone wants to arrange for donations to be brought to Serbia, there are regulations to go through customs. Xhelal has the possibility to help with the way of arranging it - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org
- - PREŠEVO: Steady flow of refugees. Very cold weather, max temperatures few degrees above zero. No need for volunteers at this moment. Waiting time for registration max 1.5 hours, people can wait in tents and then in trains. Volunteers are still lacking money for purchasing food, SHOES needed. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Approximately 250 refugees daily, very cold. WINTER SHOES/SOCKS/BLANKETS needed.
- Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers are also needed from 3rd of December, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - BEOGRAD: Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact email@example.com.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is calm there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 3 000 people entered Croatia today, Slavonski Brod has around 1 000 ppl in the evening. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers possible to come - accreditation required - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926. Refugees spend only short time in the camp.
- - DOBOVA: Around 1 800 people came today, 1 000 in the camp in the evening. German doctors should arrive soon, problems with Red Cross again. Shoes needed. Contact Petra Szabo via FB: https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - ŠENTILJ: 1 800 people left Slovenia today, few people in the camp in the evening, situation calm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: Wonderful TWO (volunteer cooking crew) left Spielfeld. From now on, military crew will be preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed.
- - SCHWARZLSEE-ÜNTERPREMSTAETTEN: This camp next to Graz is opened for volunteers, no registration needed. You can choose your activity too - ranging from distributing food, playing with kids - just grab your Samariter Bund hi-vis vest:) Noa ccomodation provided there!
- OTHER NEWS
- - bad conditions of refugees reported on the shore of Turkey.
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 29/11/2015 Sunday 22:40
michalberg Nov 29th, 2015 1,620 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data