- To the citizens of the world, we are Anonymous. Just a few months ago we witnessed the travesties committed by the American government via their attempts to censor the internet. Through the combined effort of Anonymous and the internet alike, the stop online privacy act SOPA and Protect IP Act PIPA were defeated. But since that time the governments have shown that they do not learn from their mistakes. Instead they embrace the failed policies of the regimes which they criticize and wage war upon. Behind closed doors the governments of the world have agreed to censor the internet in order to appease the corrupt banks, and corporate entities that have been enshrined within the hearts of every government making us, the people, pay for their bigotry, as we have seen in Iceland and are now seeing throughout Greece. This document in question is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, ACTA Which effectively molests your right to fair use and allows corporations to dictate and capitalize on your free speech. They have overstepped their limits, defiled their documents written by we the people, even now with the movement of a hand they can silence you into indefinite detention or even warrant your death. But when the people cry out for injustice they abuse use the very authority which you have given them to manipulate you into silence.
- But they do not want us to speak. Even now we suspect orders are being shouted into telephones and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this world, isn't there?
- Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have sensors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
- We know why you did it. We know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned a blind eye to your freedom and sold it for security. They promised you order. They promised you peace. And all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
- But there were those who fought, against the machine. Supplying truth in times of darkness, reassuring hope when all was lost. But the machine grew gluttonous, and denied Wikileaks the revenue required to maintain its deeds. The machine is visa. The machine is MasterCard. The machine is your bank, your government the liberals and the conservatives any organization hell bent on living off of you, feeding you lies when you aren't hungry and starving you of knowledge when you are famished for the truth. But the truth is there is no cure for greed. Greed has poisoned men's souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The airplane and the internet have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all. Even now our voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people like Bradley manning who shined light on the confidential atrocities of war. To those who can hear us, we say "Do not despair." The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. Be there no cure for greed there is surely a solution. And this solution is transparency. It is clear to us what we must do and we urge you to do so as well. On the 31st of March Operation Global Blackout will go into full affect. For the cause of liberty, for the good of mankind and for the laughs the internet as we know it will go dark in protest for the collective grievances of all. We recognize that our methods will be labeled by some as extreme, and are willing to accept this fate in order to achieve our goals. A goal of free speech for all and oppression for none. Speak amongst each other, break free from the prison in which they've placed your mind. Become involved speak out to what you see unjust perceive what they are trying to conceal from you. They are not our Sheppard for we are not sheep. And on the 31st of March we shall remind them of this.
- We are Anonymous.
- We are Legion.
- We do not Forgive.
- We do not Forget.
- You know who you are, Expect us.
Press Release March 31st Day of Darkness
faafsf Feb 12th, 2012 610 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data