Prayer of the Saint Peter Damian Society
a guest Aug 27th, 2018 305 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- ℣. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- ℟. Amen
- ℣. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
- ℟. He that made heaven and earth.
- Let us pray,
- Our mighty stronghold and help, oh everliving God, look upon us who with humble heart and afflicted spirit turn in reparation for the many crimes committed against thee in thy very House, and hear our prayer. In thy gracious mercy incline your ear to our petitions for the healing, restoration and triumph of Holy Mother Church. For behold, proud and perverse men have risen up against your Family, in the conceit of their evil hearts have they transgressed every word of you Law, their unspeakable crimes have besmirched thy Holy Name, they have multiplied vastly their impurity, to the ends of the earth their infamy. Behold thy own very Bride have they shamelessly defiled, in our deepest heart is her festering wound: your entire Nation have they made an unclean thing; engulfed and surrounded, the city of saints where our Fathers worshipped thee become a barren desert. Here have unclean men with hatred desecrated your temple’s rites, twisted your Holy Word, your sacred teaching and befouled by them thy cherished children.
- We cry to thee, Lord that thou may save us; turn now in thy ineffable mercy, and spare the People you have chosen as your own. Shall the Lord remain silent, or shall his name be mocked? Or shall you show wrath to the contrite souls of thine own, who fly to thee for peace and for thy name’s honor? Permit we plead that this our prayer may quench thy anger against our endless sin, against our wretched age. May ye turn all who will hear thee, look not on our sins and save us. Free your people crushed with sorrow and blushing with shame. Arise in thy royal justice and punish false priests who as Judas have betrayed your covenant for worldly fame, who have hardened their hearts and will not repent, nor be converted to you. O Lord save your people not for any merit of ours but for thy name’s sake. May our Lady, Queen of Victory, Queen of Apostles, who alone has defeated all heresies crush the heads of this vicious brood. Let them reel and throng and fly as they are pulled from their thrones, for your promise endures forever. Let your faithful ones praise you in the glory of your temple, let your people exult, free from our oppressors; free us from evil shepherds who have forsaken you, and are conformed to the world. Let your Holy Church rejoice offering before thy throne her praises, her purity and fidelity, a sacrifice worthy of your good pleasure. Bless Her that She wax fruitful as the vine again, radiant as your Holy City, unblemished in thy sight, to multiply your glory in the saints, your precious children by adoption; availing to the eternal love and praise of your Name in eternal life.
- Per dominum nostrum Iesum Christum filium tuum…
- Pater Noster, Ave Maria x5, Gloria Patri
- Let us pray,
- O most clement Father, heal the broken hearts of the little ones who have been so viciously tormented, and restore to true light in your life all the many torn away from thy bosom by the impure ways and false doctrine of these faithless teachers. Ye kindly God who direct even sin to thy good purpose, and convert even the wicked, if they will for a moment turn to hear thee, save the wretched men themselves. By the intercession of our patron, St Peter Damian, and of our most pure Queen and Mother of the Church, Mary Immaculate [and the great reformers Francis and Dominic, of Gregory the Great and Pius the Vth, the bishops, confessors and martyrs N, N, N who have pleased you and exalted Mother Church throughout the ages], may all that has become dead and desolate by these heinous crimes be restored in Christ, and blossom anew with the fruit of the Gospel to even greater splendour, in accordance with thy most holy, beneficent Will, through the same Christ our Lord.
- ℣. Thou wilt convert us o God our savior.
- ℟. And thy people shall rejoice in thee.
- ℣. Turn thee again, O Lord; how long will it be?
- ℟. And be gracious unto thy servants.
- ℣. Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us.
- ℟. As we have hoped in thee.
- ℣. In thy good pleasure, cause Zion to prosper; build again the walls of Jerusalem
- ℟. Then ye will delight in righteous sacrifices, in whole burnt offerings; then bulls will be offered on thine altar
- ℣. Let thy priests be clothed with justice:
- ℟. And may thy saints rejoice.
- ℣. Let us pray for our Pope, Francis.
- ℟. The Lord preserve him and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth: and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies.
- ℣. Let us pray for our bishop, N
- ℟. May he stand firm and care for us in the strength of the Lord, in the might of thy name.
- ℣. O Lord, save our leaders.
- ℟. And mercifully hear us when we call upon thee.
- ℣. O Lord, save thy people, and bless thine inheritance:
- ℟. Govern them and lift them up for ever.
- ℣. Remember thy congregation,
- ℟. Which thou hast possessed from the beginning.
- ℣. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
- ℟. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end, Amen.
- ℣. May the divine assistance remain always with us.
- ℟. Amen.
RAW Paste Data