- CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY UPDATE (Monday 10:00 28/9/2015)
- CROATIA/SERBIA border
- - Almost all refugees transit via BAPSKA, which is the only crossing point for refugees on Croatian/Serbian border. Many hundreds of refugees came and fluently transported further by Croatian police buses. Place equipped and organized by Czech volunteer team.
- - When arriving on place, please report yourself at the organizing team and please obey they instruction. Measures set on site was crucial to prevent injuries and other problems via crowd management, also significantly helped to gain trust from Croatian police, which is very helpful and willing to cooperate.
- - Also these measures require lot of volunteers, so your help will be needed, some volunteers has been here for almost a week and need replacement.
- - Volunteers does have quite enough food on site, but quick food and water are always useful, as well as garbage bags 200 liters. Volunteers managed to clean up the site a bit on Sunday, but still much to do.
- - Also because weather gets colder, warm jackets and other clothes, man boots, SOCKS!
- - If you can provide some basic tools - hammer, pick, pliers, axes etc - to help build some basic structures, that would be helpful.
- - Help in the area is coordinated by Jan Skalik, his number: +420 776 193 056. CALL ONLY WHEN TRYING TO LOCATE ON SITE!
- - Our volunteers traveling via Hungary/Serbia border crossings at Horgoš and Tompa are experiencing problems at the Serbian customs offices, which does not want to let them in the country without paying custom duties and declarations. PLEASE AVOID THESE BORDER CROSSINGS and go via Hungary/Croatia borders.
- - However, our volunteers at Bapska are experiencing problems also from POLICE at Serbian side, which does not allow them to cross border to Croatia when providing help. Also we are still investigating, HOW to get supplies from Croatia or Hungary to Serbia and if Tovarnik/Sid border crossing is open to deliver supplies. Difficult situation - try to use Bajakovo highway border crossing, were traffic is heavy and there is a chance that police will not have enough time to search your car.
- - Location of Bapska makeshift camp is near Sid at Serbian side, when approaching Sid from west (from Tovarnik) turn left on light, and after 2,5 km turn slightly left when road turns right (fork type of crossroad), then through the fields cca 3,5 km and you arrive on the spot
- - ZAKANY needs your help, there are only few volunteers on site and they are running out of supplies - still hundreds of refugees crossing this place when boarding hungarian trains.
- - They urgently need apples, sliced bread, packed cheese, small juices, baby stuff (pampers etc), plastic bags, milk for children.
- - MigrationAid is about to set up a coordination on site in Zakany in a day or so, but it's not ready yet so please go there and help today as your help is still needed.
- - BEREMEND/MAGYRBOLY - There is a MigrationAid warehouse in the area of Magyarbóly with 10 volunteers, open 0-24. for coordination of your delivery contact in advance András Siewert (Facebook message, email@example.com or +36 308 951 917 in this particular order). They would use some volunteers starting Wednesday, at this moment situation is OK and under control.
- - They accept basically the same food like Zakany, as this is also the crossing point and refugees wait here. Beremend border crossing point area is closed to volunteers and is under military operation, only Red Cross allowed here.
- - Both sites can't distribute clothes, excluding warm clothes, socks and hats, to children up to 5 years old.
- - There is still possibility to get some supplies in SZEGED at two warehouses: MigSzol warehouse at Gárdonyi utca 6 and IRP warehouse so if you have some space in your car and travel via Hungary, please stop there. Always contact coordinator before approaching Szeged - for MigSzol Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60 or Daniel Szatmary for IRP: +36307093317, firstname.lastname@example.org - but be careful about the information of problems at the border.
- - BUDAPEST: central MigrationAid warehouse at Verseny Street 10, Budapest (open from 16:00 to 21:00) accepts donations of small chocholate bars, snacks, musli bars, 0.2l juices, 0.5l still water, any gift card of petrol stations and recharge cards for mobile phones (Hungarian or Croatian Telekom) and raincoats. Follow http://www.migrationaid.net/english/ and MigrationAid facebook page to daily updates what is needed, they have also info how to ship deliveries via mail-order.
- - NICKELSDORF/HEGYESHALOM: Refugees are coming to Hegyeshalom in waves. Situation not critical but they need more volunteers so that others can get some rest. Contact Angelika Mihalik on FB or at +36706234078 to cooperate.
- Austrian updates at https://www.facebook.com/groups/RefugeesNickelsdorfFlugdach/
- GENERAL INFO
- - Cooperation between Serbia and Croatia is miserable, prime ministers practically does not talk to each other, blaming each other of causing problems, especially from the Serbian side. Help to refugees is basically provided by volunteers and NGOs on their own expenses. And because it lasts for more than several weeks already, media left the sites and general interest turned away. If you can come and help, please do it.
- - If you are willing to donate money, you can use my paypal email@example.com and I will move the funds immediatelly to the people on site. Thanks to those who already donated, money are on their way to Serbia and Croatia.
- - Czech only: Odkaz na užitečný manuál pro dobrovolníky: http://dobrovolnici.jdem.cz/ - určitě čtěte před odjezdem.
- - I case there is no evening update (which may occasionally occur), morning update is still valid. We are trying to follow all major changes in situation so in case nothing important happens, you can follow instructions in morning updates. We would be happy to hear any changes or updates during the day via email or FB.
- - Please always double check exact location, time and date of every report from situation before sharing. Don't spread panic on social media without double checking the information. The more urgent the message sounds, the more it's needed to double check and confirm. Please don't share any information missing exact location, date and time, as this would cause more harm than good.
- - When traveling to help, always take headlight, reflexion vest (!!!it's really important, we have noted some problems identifying volunteers in recent days!!!), good shoes, protective gloves and warm clothes and be prepared for rain. And always try to contact anyone in charge of coordination on site and obey his instructions. And be careful!
CROATIA/SERBIA/HUNGARY UPDATE (Monday 10:00 28/9/2015)
michalberg Sep 28th, 2015 (edited) 863 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data