[TLH/SinKid] Rose's Reunion
Warden-Sigma Aug 9th, 2018 (edited) 20 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- "Hey guys, I'm home!"
- Rosalina froze. The voice that called out from the now-open front door was one she hadn't heard since forever.
- Standing in the doorway, a tall, lanky figure stood. He turned to face Rose and gave her a huge smile. "Hey, honey."
- Rose stood up and approached him carefully. She cautiously placed a hand on his shoulder, and could feel the very same fabric of his trademark overshirt. "Is... is that really you...?"
- Bobby nodded.
- Rose's eyes swelled up with tears, and she threw herself into his open arms, holding tight. "God, you're really here...!"
- "Sure am." He chuckled, holding her tight.
- Rose, reluctantly, was the first to break the hug. "Oh my God, I have so much to tell you." Her smile dropped. "Oh God, I have so much to tell you."
- "It's about the incest thing, isn't it?"
- Rose froze. "W-what...?"
- Bobby sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've... known about it since Lari was born. I just didn't say anything cuz I didn't want to hurt Lori." He reached his hand out and stroked her hair. "And you."
- Rose placed her hand on his. "You know it's gotten... worse?"
- Bobby nodded solemnly. "Yeah. But I try not to let that affect my opinion too much."
- "Look, we all make mistakes. Some bigger than others, yes, but we all make 'em." He looked away from her. "Myself included." He turned back to her and smiled. "Jeez, look how much you've grown. You're almost as tall as me now. Soon enough you'll be taller than me, heh heh."
- Rose chuckled. "Doubt it. I'm already 22."
- "22, huh? Man, I have been gone for a while." He muttered to himself. "Ah well." He spared a glance at the wall clock. "Oh, darn. I have to go."
- "What?!" Rose cried out, gripping his hand tightly. "Y-you just got here!"
- "I know, honey, but I've gotta say hi to a few more people." He pulled her into a tight hug. "But I'll be back as soon as I can."
- "No, you can't... don't leave me again..." Rose sobbed into his shoulder.
- "I wish I could stay longer, honey, but I can't." He kissed her forehead, and pulled her back to look directly at her, wiping away a tear from her cheek. "Hey, be strong, okay? And look after your mom and sisters too."
- Rose sniffed. "O-okay."
- "You know I love you more than anything in the world, right."
- "L-love you too, Dad..."
- Bobby hesitantly let Rose go, and approached the door. As he opened it and stepped outside, he turned back to her one last time. "See ya round, Rosalina."
- The door shut, and all the light and colour immediately drained from around her.
- "No..." Rose muttered, then made a break for the door. "No, come back!"
- She yanked the door almost off its hinges, and her vision was filled with light.
- "Agh, jeez-!" Rose turned onto her other side and opened her eyes. Through her blurred vision she saw the bright pillar of light from her bedroom window hitting the wall in front of her.
- She blinked a few times to clear her vision. She felt tears running down her face. Clearly she had been crying, and as echoes of her dream came back to her she knew why.
- *Hey, be strong, okay?*
- She smiled weakly to herself. "Gotcha, dad."
- [written July 29 '18]
RAW Paste Data