Bart - Wireless Support
a guest Dec 7th, 2016 155 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Hi kris & Allan,
- I'm a big fan of FreeBSD and I try to put it on every device I have. Sadly it often stays with an attempt..
- Last year I tried installing FreeBSD 10.X on my laptop, but it had no support for my wireless card(Realtek RTL8723ae). I then tried a FreeBSD 11 daily build, that one had support :D
- I didn't keep that install long because it was a daily build and I needed my laptop for school.
- Yesterday I tried FreeBSD 11 again, but now my card isn't supported again somehow..
- Is there a way for me to figure out where my driver went? Or why they removed it?
- If all else fails, is it possible to run drivers through the Linux compatibility layer? Or do you have an idea about how difficult it is to port a Linux driver to FreeBSD?
- Thanks in advance!
RAW Paste Data