- The Electric Shawl- a microdrama in one act
- Scene: a bedroom in Largo. It is fall, but feels like winter. A couple of brave frangipani leaves still cling desperately to the tree outside.
- Dramatis personae:
- Me: a middle aged man with an 80 year old bladder and a leg bag dangling from his leg. He lacks a prostate and is sleep-deprived.
- Mom: his mother. She's gone a mite soft in the head. Or perhaps mighty soft in the head.
- Mom: It's cold
- Me: What's that? Oh, your electric shawl. That'll warm you up. Oh. Ya gotta plug it in.
- Mom: unintelligible mumble
- Me: ya gotta plug it in, Mom.
- Mom: It doesn't work. You can throw it away.
- Me: YA GOT-TA PLUG-IT IN!
- Mom: Don't yell at me.
- Me:(plugs in electric shawl. wraps her with it. applies blanket)
- There, mom. Now you can get warm
- Mom: unintelligible mumble. (closes eyes)
The Electric Shawl- a microdrama in one act
pmichelreichold Nov 16th, 2014 260 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data