Sep 10th, 2020
- Today another chapter of my career has ended. This project with GenG is a continuation of what I was trying to do with Cloud9 after we left. Even though we weren't an insane team I'm happy we were able to get a couple wins/finals, get to #12 in the world and be competitive with everyone in our region when we were playing well.
- The reason for this decision is something I've been thinking about for a while now (about 3-4 months) and is a bi product of a lot of issues within the team including myself but the major was what was stopping me from leaving. There had been some in and out of game changes I wanted over the past 6 months that I thought would of made the team better but were not agreed upon by all. The combination of all these things mixed with no lans/covid, burnout of playing the same teams 24/7 with little to no time for breaks between events and not being able to be in person for bootcamps led to me not being the best leader I could be for this team and put me in a rough mental state. This move will benefit both parties as I can potentially find something I believe in again and they will do better if they can find an IGL that has faith in the project that I once had.
- Would like to thank all of my teammates and Gen.G for the time this year and hope they find the right person to help the team find its form again.
- As for the future I still love CS and would ideally like to IGL a team I feel is the right fit for me but if moving on as a player or leaving CS is the route I have to take then I will cross that bridge when I know more.
- Ty to everyone who continues to support me despite the turbulent times <3
Please, Sign In to add comment