Fic that I have yet to come up with a name for.
Jul 5th, 2013
- “…and it’s another beautiful day, 22 degrees and sunny today! Perfect day for relaxing at the beach or hanging out at the park, assuming you’re not a poor sap who has to work today like me…”
- You groan a bit as you reach over and slam the button to turn off your alarm clock. As you roll out of bed, you catch the time: 7:45 am. A bit later than you wanted, but if you speed through your morning routine, you’ll be able to catch the bus and make it to your classes on time.
- Reaching into the pile on your chair that is your wardrobe, you pull out some relatively clean clothes and put them on. A t-shirt and jeans, your usual outfit. Groggily, you walk to the kitchen and shovel some cereal down your throat, sling your backpack over your shoulder and head out the door to catch the bus. You sit down in the seat you managed to snipe from that shady looking guy next to you.
- As you stare out the window of the bus, you think to yourself “Ugh. This sucks. School sucks. Life sucks. Everything sucks.” You didn’t exactly have it bad, but Monday mornings somehow always manage to make you hate the entire world. 20 years old, making a decent wage at the computer repair shop on weekends, living on your own, and you’re doing well enough at university. Things could be worse.
- You pull out your laptop as you sit down for your first class of the day, a computer science course.
- “Now today, we’re going to be talking about algorithm efficiency. Now, this big O on the board? That means…”
- You barely pay any attention during the rest of the class, considering you already learned this stuff from mucking about with programming a couple years ago. Instead, you complete your typical daily web routine. Facebook, news sites, /mlp/, the usual. You finish a round of TF2 just as the professor wraps up his lecture.
- “Don’t forget to read pages 200 to 317 by tomorrow! There’ll be a quiz!”
- You get a call from your best friend Dan as you head out of the classroom. You suddenly realize he wasn't in class today, and he rarely misses any class.
- “Hey Dan, what’s up? Why weren’t you in class today?”
- “Dude. Jake. Can you do me a huge favor and get over here as fast as you can? Something… came up.”
- “You alright? You sound a bit… stressed out. They’re giving out free energy drinks in the student union building, you want me to grab you o-“
- “DUDE. Just… get over here as fast as you can, alright? And don’t tell anyone else. Please.”
- This sounded serious. Dan’s usually a pretty laid back guy, and almost never gets worried about anything. Well, except for that one time he almost missed a comp TF2 match, but that’s another story.
- “Alright, I guess. I mean, I still have class, but if it’s that serious…”
- “Thanks, man. It means a lot to me.”
- What could possibly be important enough to not only make him skip class, but convince you to ditch as well? You ponder over this as you hop on another bus, this time to his house.
- 20 something minutes later, you were at his doorstep. Before you get a chance to knock on the door, you hear a voice coming from the inside.
- “Jake? Before you come in, promise me that you won’t freak out or anything, alright?”
- “Uh… Alright, I guess…?” you respond, getting more and more confused by the second.
- “Thanks. The door’s unlocked.”
- Pushing the door open, you step into your friend’s apartment, and look around. It’s a pretty typical apartment, nothing too fancy. There’s his TV, computer, pony, vidya, a half-eaten bag of Dorit- wait a second, a pony? As in, a pastel colored cartoon horse, sitting on his couch?!
- “Dude, Dan, where’d you get the pony? I want one!” you shout out, wondering where he is.
- “That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. I’m… a pony now, apparently,” he replies.
- You stand in place, unsure what to say next. That can’t be... right? That’s not... humanly possible! But, if he’s actually a pony, then do human possibilities still apply?
- “Haha, very funny... you got me Dan! Did you really need to call me here straight from class for this?” you say, nervously.
- “It’s not a prank, dude.”
- As you notice notice that it’s actually the pony that’s saying those words, you promptly close your eyes, fall to the ground, and black out.
- You wake up to the little pony poking you in the chest, trying to get you to rouse you from your unexpected nap. You have to admit, the visual of a little orange cartoon-y mare jabbing at your torso slightly funny.
- “Oh, good, you’re up. Try not to pass out this time,” the pony-that-was-apparently-formerly-Dan said.
- You start to push yourself up, but fall back down after having blood rush to your head. “Ugh, I should really do something about that...”
- As you lie on the floor of Dan’s living room, you figure you might as well figure out what the hell is going on here.
- “So... what the fuck, dude?” you ask.
- “I don’t know, man. I woke up this morning, and... this happened! Well, I mean, I guess it might have started Saturday morning, when I woke up and had this stupid cutie mark on my ass, but I figured it was just because I had gotten drunk Friday night and gotten a tattoo or something so I didn’t think much of it but then fur started growing on Sunday and the doctor’s office was closed and-”
- “Whoa, dude, calm down, take a breath or two.”
- He complies, and takes a couple deep breaths before returning to his story.
- “Alright, so, like I was saying, I wanted to go to the doctor’s, but they were closed, and I don’t know, I just kind of stayed home all day Sunday and hoped I was hallucinating or something, but... apparently not. I went to sleep early, and woke up this morning, and... well, here we are.”
- “Alright, let’s go through this logically. Did someone slip something in your drink or something?”
- “Dude, seriously? DO YOU REALLY THINK SOME ROOFIES WOULD MAKE ME TURN INTO A FUCKING HORSE?! Not to mention, oh you know, I’M A FUCKING FEMALE?”
- “Hm. Point taken. Well, did anything suspicious happen then?”
- He stops to think for a moment, before slowly replying “Well, I did get a plushie in the mail the other day, but that... that couldn’t have possibly led to this, could it?”
- “No, that can’t possibly be- wait, a plushie? It wasn’t of your OC, was it...?”
- A look of worry flashed across Dan’s face. “Yeah, why?”
- “Hm. There’s this thread on 4chan of a whole bunch of people who got plushies of their OC in the mail, something something nanobots, and then boom, they’re a pony.”
- “What? That’s insane. How could that possibly be the case?”
- “Well I mean, keep in mind you are a pony right now, and that’s our most likely reason. Unless you’ve got a better idea, that’s all we’ve got to run on right now.“
- “Alright, fine. So what, we find the person who sent it to me and get them to change me back, right?”
- “Naw, that never seems to be an option for one reason or another. I mean, we could try that, but for some reason, I doubt that it’ll work. I’m assuming there was no name or address on the box?”
- “Nope, don’t think so. It was left right in front of my door too; my mail’s normally in, well, my mailbox.”
- You sigh. “So what’s the plan? I can tell the university that you’re sick or something, and maybe grab some extra food and supplies so you can stay here for a while?”
- Dan mulls it over for a second. “Well, I guess that’s the best course of action right now, at least until we figure out something better. I wonder if I can still finish those games I’ve been meaning to play with these hooves...”
- “Right, I’ll get on that then. Keep your phone handy, call me if anything happens.”
- “Alright Jake. Thanks a bunch man, you’re fucking awesome.”
- “I know. Off to work!”
- As you close the door to Dan’s apartment, you take a deep breath, and pause to recollect yourself.
- This is going to be interesting.
Please, Sign In to add comment