Ubuntu Bionic 3.3.0 shortlog:
- Significant performance improvements
CPU arch, RAM, GPU, general latency, etc optimizations.
Affects gui, apps, games, emus, etc
- Significant deep sleep power draw fixes
Now almost all non-needed devices power off on deep sleep and ram is set to appropriate frequency.
(Touch panel, LCD, Joycon charging and many more devices now power off in deep sleep as they should)
- IO scheduler was changed to provide way faster storage IO
- Released 15 MiB extra ram
- Fixed voltage calculation for OC. It should provide more stable overclocking
- Refactored thermal management
Fan profiles are now the same with HOS
Added failsafes, throttling and force power off when very high temps for the board are reached
- Faster boot times
- Fixed issues with Joycon charging and Hori power on resume
- Fixed Power button issues
- Touch improvements
- Added Hori and Obirds rail support
- OTG now allows deep sleep, even if linux resides in a USB SSD.
- Various USB fixes
- Allow fuel gauge to wake up system and power off gracefully on empty battery
- Added support for many 3rd party docks
These include Genki, Zenscreen, Nexdock and anything else that uses similar methods
Basically, the support should reach 100% (docks that support DP via pin D)
- Fixed issues with fast charging when docked on boot
- Fixed other issues with charging on certain edge cases
- Fixed DP/HDMI when plugging console while sleeping
- Fixed DP/HDMI when already docked and waking up
- Dock led indicator now has a breathing light when sleeping
- Add exFAT partition support (boot driver still needs to be FAT32)
- Enabled 1GB ZRAM swap
- Status messages on booting
- Seamless display booting (needs hekate higher than v5.5.4)
- Disabled sandboxing in Chromium in order to enable GPU acceleration
Night and day difference. Existing users can add --no-sandbox to their desktop shortcut.
- Disabled screen blanking on idle. Dimming/Screensaver is still there and can be disabled in Brightness & Lock.
This will help with games/emus where gamepad is used and it does not reset idle times like mouse/keyboard.
- Fixed apt repo urls
- NVPModel is revamped
Allow changing power profiles via touch
Added handheld power profile
Added fan profiles
Added automatic profiles based on handheld or docked
Added USB 3.0 disable toggle for boosting WiFi 2.4G and Bluetooth signal
OC profiles now do not require enabling overclock flag in sysfs