a guest Oct 11th, 2018 60 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I wanted to run another round of performance benchmarks for `gnat` to see how it's request throughput has changed with the introduction of the `ConsumerSupervisor` which handles things like processing each request in its own supervised process.
- I used a CPU-optimized digital ocean droplet with 16 cores, gnatsd 1.3.0, erlang 21.1 and elixir 1.7.3.
- You can read the setup instructions below for more details and the `results_by_concurrency.md` contains details about a lot of different runs.
- I'm trying to measure the overhead in the system, so the requests are 4-byte "PING" messages and the responses just echo back the same 4 bytes.
- The `gnatsd` broker is running on the same host to
- # TL/DR; You can do 70k+ synchronous requests/sec
- > 4 server connections
- > 8 cliennt connections
- > 2048 concurrent requests
- It took 57.140892sec to make 4096000 requests
- 71682.46515997685req/sec throughput
- min: 156µs
- max: 146315µs
- median: 24371µs
- 90th percentile: 47424µs
- average: 27520µs
RAW Paste Data