a guest Oct 2nd, 2012 71 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- " All system-wide defaults are set in $VIMRUNTIME/debian.vim (usually just
- " /usr/share/vim/vimcurrent/debian.vim) and sourced by the call to :runtime
- " you can find below. If you wish to change any of those settings, you should
- " do it in this file (/etc/vim/vimrc), since debian.vim will be overwritten
- " everytime an upgrade of the vim packages is performed. It is recommended to
- " make changes after sourcing debian.vim since it alters the value of the
- " 'compatible' option.
- " This line should not be removed as it ensures that various options are
- " properly set to work with the Vim-related packages available in Debian.
- runtime! debian.vim
- " Uncomment the next line to make Vim more Vi-compatible
- " NOTE: debian.vim sets 'nocompatible'. Setting 'compatible' changes numerous
- " options, so any other options should be set AFTER setting 'compatible'.
- "set compatible
- " Vim5 and later versions support syntax highlighting. Uncommenting the next
- " line enables syntax highlighting by default.
- syntax on
- " If using a dark background within the editing area and syntax highlighting
- " turn on this option as well
- set background=dark
- " Uncomment the following to have Vim jump to the last position when
- " reopening a file
- "if has("autocmd")
- " au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 1 && line("'\"") <= line("$") | exe "normal! g'\"" | endif
- " Uncomment the following to have Vim load indentation rules and plugins
- " according to the detected filetype.
- "if has("autocmd")
- " filetype plugin indent on
- " The following are commented out as they cause vim to behave a lot
- " differently from regular Vi. They are highly recommended though.
- "set showcmd " Show (partial) command in status line.
- "set showmatch " Show matching brackets.
- set ignorecase " Do case insensitive matching
- "set smartcase " Do smart case matching
- "set incsearch " Incremental search
- "set autowrite " Automatically save before commands like :next and :make
- "set hidden " Hide buffers when they are abandoned
- "set mouse=a " Enable mouse usage (all modes)
- set number
- " Source a global configuration file if available
- if filereadable("/etc/vim/vimrc.local")
- source /etc/vim/vimrc.local
RAW Paste Data