Sky Factory Modded Skyblock v1.3
List of Mods and change log found here:
Hello and thank you for trying out Sky Factory, my modded skyblock pack! If you want to know more about me and my livestream, scroll to the bottom section of this document. I've wanted to play a heavily modded version of skyblock for some time, and I've finally gotten all the mods required to make it happen! Sky Factory revolves heavily around the Ex Nihilo mod and it's companion Ex Alquio. If you have never used them before you NEED to learn how they work before you will get anywhere with this pack. In fact, questions such as "how do I get redstone", "how do I get diamonds", etc. will be met with me telling you once again that you NEED to learn Ex Nihilo. All the info you need is at their mod pages here:
Ex Nihilo: http://bit.ly/1jeeF3p
Ex Alquio: http://bit.ly/NM6yQE
Also, a wiki here:
I'm having a lot of fun playing this pack and I'd love lots of other people to see and use it also, so please feel free to use this modpack in your youtube videos, livestreams, public or private servers or just share it with friends! And if that wasn't clear enough:
YES, you can use this mod pack to stream, make videos/letsplays, make public or private servers, or whatever else you want. It's a public pack! I couldn't stop you even if I wanted to! Some sort of credit to me as the maker of the pack would be appreciated but is not required.
Important Note For Streamers And Content Makers
The default world gen has you standing on a tree over a single piece of dirt. Thanks to Ex Nihilo the game can start like that just fine...it just takes a while. Thanks to a mod called Tree Growing Simulator 2014, instead of just sitting there forever waiting for the tree to grow, you can now spam your shift button (aka twerk) or sprint around the saplings and it will occasionally apply a bone meal effect. Watch for the particles to know it's working. If that doesn't suit you and you'd rather have a traditional skyblock start you may want to consider editing the config file YUNoMakeGoodMap.cfg and changing S:platformType=tree to S:platformType=skyblock21 instead. This will give you the classic skyblock v2.1 map, and makes the early game go much much faster by skipping right to the stone age. Another option would be to cheat in a watering can. That speeds up tree growth a ton. Otherwise, if you've got the guts to try it, just go for it!
Getting/Installing The Pack
Sky Factory is distributed on the AT Launcher and is public for everyone! You can download the launcher at http://atlauncher.com and all updates to the pack will be done through the launcher as well. You should be prompted with an option to update if there has been a change to the pack. Install the launcher, run it, then click on "packs", find Sky Factory and click "new instance", and you should be good to go. Also be sure to click the "Settings" tab and make sure you have plenty of ram allocated, and the PermGen set to at least 256. If it's not letting you allocate more than 1 gig of ram then you need to install 64 bit java.
This is different! Where do I start?
Here's a quick breakdown of how the early game goes when using the default terrain gen:
THIS IS A SPOILER IF YOU'D RATHER FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN: Yes you are *supposed* to spawn in a void on top of a tree over a single piece of dirt. This is not a bug! To start, make a crafting table then a Crook. Use crook to break leaves. Careful not to spill stuff into the void! Make barrels to compost extra saplings so you can make more dirt. Make more barrels so that you can capture water when it rains. Expand your base, make more dirt, plant more trees. Use the silkworms to infest leaves, use crook to break infested leaves to get string. Use string to make a sieve. Use sieve to sift dirt to get seeds for food, and stones which can be made into cobblestone so you can make a furnace. Make a hammer and hammer cobble to get gravel hammer gravel to get sand, and hammer sand to get dust. Use gravel, sand, and dust in the sieve to get ores. Get a bucket as soon as possible. Once it rains put dust into a barrel full of water to make clay. Sieve dust to get bone meal and use the clay and the bone meal to craft an unfired crucible. Cook the crucible in a furnace and place it over top of a heat source such as a torch (and later, lava or fire). Fill the crucible with cobblestone and it will melt into lava. Use your bucket to collect the lava from the crucible and the water from the barrels to make a cobblestone generator. Once you have the cobble gen it becomes a lot more like a standard modded Minecraft play, and you can use the challenges below to give yourself direction. For more info about the sieve, crucible, barrels, or crook read the Ex Nihilo page: http://bit.ly/1jeeF3p or their wiki: http://bit.ly/1pad7Ze
A Note About Biomes
THIS MIGHT BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER IF YOU'D RATHER FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN! Barrels fill with water just fine when it snows so there is nothing wrong with spawning in a snow biome such as Taiga. It does not rain in desert so barrels will not fill with water, but that is still a fine place to spawn because of the alternate way of getting water. Look up the crafting recipe for a water bucket in NEI to see that. Oceans will spawn monsters but will not spawn passive animals, and Mushroom biomes spawns only Mooshrooms and no monsters. Because of that Ocean and Mooshroom are both viable places to spawn in, it will just add to the challenge and force you to travel if you want to complete all the challenges.
As a bonus, a viewer managed to spawn in a mushroom biome in a Sky Factory world! Here's the seed if you'd like it: 3427162931496724061
Sky Factory Challenges
How do you beat the pack? Well, it's Minecraft so you don't ever technically "beat" the pack, but I've provided a list of challenges designed to help you progress, give direction to your play, as well as stretch your knowledge of the mods and of Minecraft itself. If you have no idea how to do some of these things, that's ok. In fact it's the whole point! Have fun with the process of searching for answers, learning more about the mods, and you'll find that no only do you know a lot more about the game, but you'll have had a lot of fun too :)
They are divided into tiers of difficulty, and are NOT listed in chronological order:
---=== Tier 1 ===---
1) Build a cobblestone generator
2) Build an automated cobblestone generator
3) Infest a tree with Silkworms
4) Craft a Sieve
5) Collect rainwater in an Oak Barrel
6) Build a proper house
7) Make an ink farm
8) Build a second layer to your island, below the level you started from
9) Make a slime farm
10) Build a trophy room
11) Open 10 Lucky Blocks
12) Transmit power wirelessly
13) Turn pink into power
14) Create power from three different fuels
15) Store a liquid in a container other than a bucket
16) Automate a farm with a Harvester and a Planter
17) Use Autonomous Activators to automate a Sieve
18) Use a Turtle to automate something
19) Use a Transition Plane to farm something
20) Create a Pigman based gold farm
21) Store 1 Million cobblestone in Deep Storage
23) Create three different types of experience farms
24) Using Crucibles, create an automatically collected infinite lava farm
25) Fly (suicide, aka Void sandwiches, while tasty, do not count as flight)
26) Create a village large enough to spawn Iron Golems
27) Collect 5 Blaze Spawners from the Nether
28) Fill a DirtChest 9000 to maximum capacity (be sure to read the book!)
29) Listen to Vintage Jazz using a Radio from Open Blocks
30) Wear a Monocle
31) Take a cookie from a Cooke Jar
32) Measure the length of your base with a Tape Measure
33) In your trophy room use holders such as Item Frames, Armor Stands, or Drying Racks, etc. to display the following items (in no particular order):
- each color of wool
- a Walrus
- Full sets of armor from 8 different materials
- 20 different seeds from Magic Crops
- 20 unique Force Flasks filled with animals or mobs
---=== Tier 2 ===---
1) Make an automated bacon farm
2) Use an AE Assembler to auto-craft a 64k storage drive
3) Go to the Deep Dark
4) Activate a Division Sigil and create a Builder's Wand
5) Grow a Sacred Rubber Tree (WARNING THIS IS DANGEROUS!! Test this in creative mode first! Needs good computer specs! I'd do this 1000 blocks away from home base if I was you. No, seriously. 1000 blocks away.)
6) Open 64 Lucky Blocks
7) Equip 10 Heart Canisters
8) Make an Unbreakable Tinkers Construct Pickaxe
9) Kill a Wither
10) Kill the Ender Dragon
11) Duplicate an Enchanted Book using a Typesetting Table and a Printing Press
12) Access your ME Network remotely using a Wireless Access Terminal
13) Access your ME Network remotely using an Ender IO
14) In your trophy room use holders such as Item Frames, Armor Stands, or Drying Racks, etc. to display the following items (in no particular order):
- A Treasure Core
- One of each of the monster heads
- A Player Head
- 20 unique Open Blocks Trophies
- A full set of Manyullyn Tinkers Construct Tools
- One each of Single, Double, Triple, Quadruple, Quintuple, Sextuple, Septuple, and Octuple Compressed Cobblestone.
---=== Tier 3 ===---
1) Fill a Deep Storage Unit to max capacity.
2) Automatically craft an Octuple Compressed Cobblestone in less than 1 hour
3) Fill a 64k Fluid Storage drive with a liquid other than water
4) Increase Cobblestone production to faster than 10,000 Cobble per second
5) Use AE Spatial Storage to transport a Fortress from the Deep Dark to the Overworld
6) Store yourself in Spacial Storage and use a Rod of Return to come home
7) Use a Singularity to access your ME network from another dimension.
8) Kill a Wither that spawned out of a Lucky Block
9) Kill a Wither in the Deep Dark, The Overworld, The Nether, and The End
10) Run a Mining Laser from Minefactory Reloaded at full power
11) Fight and kill two bosses at once
For technical support issues with the AT Launcher, things like the game wont run, or the pack won't download, etc. you should use the AT Launcher support forum found at:
For bugs or crashes while playing this pack, use the official Sky Factory forum at:
- There are a few item duplication exploits known (no, I'm not going to tell you what they are).
- Energy Cells from ExtraCells mod cause crashes, you should avoid using them.
- Sometimes Magic Crops get glitched and will instant grow in Harvesters and not drop anything. If you have more info about this bug please let me know.
- Breaking a Magic Crops plant before it is full grown can cause a seed with a different data value to drop, causing it to not export as expected with AE Precision Export Buses. Add both seed types to your export bus to compensate.
- Sometimes your clone from Sync mod will become immune to damage. I know of no way to fix that other than using a different clone. Using this to your advantage definitely falls into the category of exploiting a glitch.
- Lucky Blocks will occasionally cause a crash when opened. This seems to be fairly rare. We might have a reward configured wrong. If you find it, let me know.
- Some people have reported their worlds not getting saved when they leave and relaunch the game. I can't seem to reproduce that, and I don't know what causes it or how to avoid it. Please let me know if you have more info about it.
- Sugar Cane from Magic Crops can drop with a data id that makes it unusable. Waiting on a fix from Magic Crops mod.
This pack was put together by me, Bacon_Donut, along with some awesome help from my good friend Epharian. I am a professional Minecraft broadcaster on Twitch.tv and I can be seen live playing this pack and others daily at my show over at:
I'm live Monday through Friday for around eight hours per day, starting at exactly 8pm US Central time. Come by and say hi!