a guest May 9th, 2017 686 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- - MEM is much faster than ME3Explorer. ALOT ME3 takes 6-10 hours to install with ME3Explorer. Less than an hour with MEM, on SSD.
- - Some textures simply won't install in ME3Explorer (textures a 2x1 resolution ratio, eg 4096x2048).
- - ME3Explorer is prone to crashing when installing all of ALOT at once. MEM has no such issues.
- - MEM supports an installer mode that greatly simplifies the installation process and reduces user error.
- - ME3Explorer has issues with ATI2_3Dc norms. It swaps the channels of this format.
- - Mipmaps (MIPs) are smaller versions of textures, used to optimize performance. The vanilla game files contain a number of "empty" mipmaps (null pointers).
- ME3Explorer ignores them. This causes the so-called Aquarium glitches, that plague eg the plants in the cabin's aquarium.
- MEM removes them, thus fixing the issue.
- - TextureGroups (TGs) are used to categorize textures into groups (hence the name). Each group has a given Min and Max resolution that it is allowed to render at in-game.
- ME3Explorer sets all modded textures to the same TG (Shadowmap), which has by default a Max resolution of 4096 pixels.
- MEM keeps the original TG of the textures, and instead modifies the INI file so that all TGs have a Max resolution of 4096.
RAW Paste Data