- # H.U.H: HELL UNDER HELL #
- # A /vr/ MAPPING PROJECT #
- -The fuck is this?
- We are mapping for Quake.
- -I have no fucking clue how to map for Doom and you want me to map for Quake?
- TrenchBroom is surprisingly easy to pick up for a total neophyte, you should check Dumptruck's channel if you want to get started, if a retard like me can do it so can you:
- Mapping Playlist:
- https://www.kristianduske.com/trenchbroom/ (comes with a pretty comprehensive manual, press F1 to see it)
- -What's the deadline?
- July 24th 23:00 GMT (Final date)
- -Where do I send my map?
- email@example.com [PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR MAP SOURCE AND ANY NECESSARY ASSETS LIKE MUSIC TRACKS]
- -How do I get feedback?
- You can post your progress in /vr/ or check out the Quake Mapping Discord located in Dumptruck's channel, lot's of experienced mappers hang around there and would be more than happy to give you a hand.
- Quake Mappers also hang around in Func_Msgboard:
- -What size should my map be?
- Newbies should stick to short-medium maps.
- -Should I map for Arcane Dimensions/Quoth/Drake?
- We are sticking to vanilla but you can design with Copper in mind since that's mostly vanilla+
- -Are we following a specific theme?
- Not really, but you can drive inspiration from the name.
- -But my map is going to be shit.
- We are doing this for fun, think of it as the Quake equivalent of DUMP.
- -Why not name it Quake Upstart Mapping Project?
- QUMP is already taken, and we are taking people from all skill levels.
- -Is the name subject to change too?
- Yeah why not, if we get enough votes for it.
- -How many are participating?
- Giving that most of us are posting in an anonymous board it will be difficult to get any specific numbers until submissions are closed, but if you want you can announce your participation by sending me an e-mail so I can keep track of the numbers.
- I'ts never too late to join fucko, even if you drop by a week and a half late you still got time, never underestimate how quickly you can whip out a decent map on TrenchBroom.
- An experienced mapper can do it in two hours, just look at the recently released Coffee Quake.
- -Do I have to attribute my submission?
- It's up to you how you want to attribute your map.
- -Are we limited to one map per person?
- You can submit as many levels as you want.
- -What are you going to do with the levels?
- Depends on how many maps we get, but the idea would be to link them all in a central hub map AD style.
- -I can't come up with any ideas help.
- The best thing you can do as a newbie is open up the original Quake maps in TrenchBroom and poke around to see what makes them tick.
- Map sources and texture wad in the description of this video:
- This FAQ is getting updated regularly.
RAW Paste Data Copied