Playstation 5 real APU and fake GitHub leak
a guest Jan 9th, 2020 3,107 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I am a developer of tools for managing the optimal operating temperatures of microchips.
- My company works closely with companies like AMD, Qualcomm and others.
- I know well how the AMD production test system works and for this, I can say that the GitHub leak does NOT concern the APU of Playstation 5, but only the next production dedicated to the PC/Mobile sector that AMD has scheduled since 2020 following. In particular, the frequencies in the leak serve as a stress test to determine the maximum frequency point of the chip.
- The APU for the Playstation 5 was designed following a different path together with Sony. In particular, it is based on the implementation of exclusive features absent on the APU produced for Microsoft. These features mainly concern the RDNA 2 GPU, with full hardware Ray Tracing and direct read/write access to the SSD.
- In addition, the entire testing phase of the APU for the next Playstation 5 was done directly by Sony in its laboratories and NOT in AMD's ones, to avoid leaks and industrial espionage.
- In fact, the information we received to calibrate our software has been limited and strictly classified.
- For sure there is that the GPU has a maximum performance point of 18+ TFLOPS, but the final version will be limited to 13/14 TFLOPS, the final frequencies have not yet been fixed since at 14 TFLOPS the APU has proven to work perfectly without thermal problems.
- These results were verified by Sony's post test documentation.
- Anyway soon (about a month) the exact PS5 specifications will be officially announced by Sony, perhaps before those of the Xbox Series X, because Microsoft's APU has a problematic thermal point that has forced Microsoft to reduce the frequency, fixing the computing power at 11.4 TFLOPS
RAW Paste Data