den11 Mar 25th, 2019 71 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Start a lottery pool
- We’ve all heard of the office lottery pool, and so if you’re not already a member of one of these fun clubs, why not start your own lottery buying group with friends, family or work colleagues? Pooling your money obviously allows one to purchase a lot more lottery tickets, in turn increasing your chances of a major win.
- Whilst this strategy obviously means winnings are divided between you and your friends, it also gives you a greater winning chance, and if we’re really honest, would it be that upsetting splitting a £100,000,000 Euromillions Superdraw win between 5 of your buddies if the alternative is a cheque for zero! (Did you know that GiantLottos.com actually started out as a lottery syndicate between a few friends living in the UK and USA?). Speaking of lottery syndicates.
- Join a lottery syndicate
- Joining a lottery syndicate greatly increases your chances of hitting the jackpot through increased buying power. Simply put, lottery syndicates buy tickets in bulk, play a bigger variety of different numbers and thereby increase their chances. In fact, it is estimated that every one in four jackpots won in UK lotteries are won by a lottery syndicate.
- Lottery syndicates exist all over the world, and GiantLottos.com offers their players the chance to take part in lottery syndicates for some of the largest lotteries including the Euro-Millions syndicate and the Mega Millions syndicate.
- Check your numbers
- It might seem obvious, but there are actually plenty of lottery winnings that go unclaimed. For example, one of the largest unclaimed jackpots was a 64 million winning ticket in the EuroMillions draw that eventually went toward a charity. When the draw takes place always be sure to double-check your numbers, or you can keep a journal where you keep a record of your chosen numbers and the date that you purchased your ticket.
- What NOT TO DO when trying to win the lottery
- Don’t use numbers that you have received from a tip service / astrological predictions or fortune cookies.
- Whilst undoubtedly being fun, the problem using any form of number tips in the public domain is that there will invariably be a large number of other people picking the same or similar numbers because they used the same service. And therefore any jackpot prizes will be divided by the total number of people matching the same numbers on that draw.
- As an example; An investigation was launched by USA lottery officials in 2005 after no less than 110 people laid claim to the second prize New York State lottery winnings of over £150,000. It was only when lottery officials found that the winners had all played numbers printed inside fortune cookies made by a local confectionery factory that the winnings were finally released (the numbers 22, 28, 32, 33, 39, 40 we’re printed on thousands of fortunes). Now just imagine winning that second prize and not having to share it with 110 other people!
- Don’t make “pattern” choices
- Another very popular method of choosing lotto numbers is selecting numbers that, when marked in the squares, create a design on the playboard. Common patterns are horizontal, vertical, and diagonal lines; letters of the alphabet such as X or M; the four corners and centre of the play slip; zigzags; and crosses. Even if you do win, playing popular ticket patterns will reduce your share of the jackpot -sometimes significantly.
- Don’t choose recently drawn numbers
- It’s never a good idea to choose numbers that have been drawn recently. The common belief is that recent numbers are lucky numbers, but this isn't true, in fact, picking previously drawn numbers may actually hinder your chance of winning.
- One of the best ways to choose your online lotto numbers is at random. Pull numbers out of your head, or use our quick pick facility that draws them randomly for you. This way, if you do win the jackpot, chances are you won’t be sharing it with ten other people.
- Important Lottery Winning Tips
- Do understand that you will never win the lottery if you haven’t entered it. The more tickets you buy the better your chances of winning. ...it’s obvious but true.
- Don’t however spend money you can’t afford to lose. Lottery is all about having fun, dreaming of a big win, and being in the game. It’s not a guaranteed road to riches and so always stick to your own budget no matter how tempted you may be to buy more lotto tickets.
RAW Paste Data