Skeptical of Skepticism
liquidspark Aug 10th, 2018 65 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Some people want to trust in skeptics and skepticism, because they feel that if a person can see something with their eyes and study it and understand it, then it is already proven to be true. First of all, there are so many issues with that sentiment that I will not even address it except to quote, "I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know with certainty, and we testify as to what we have seen with our own eyes, and yet still you people do not listen. I have spoken to you in earthly terms and you do not believe; how then could you believe if I spoke in heavenly terms? No one [at least, human being] has gone into Heaven [by their own authority and power (Jesus Christ's is from The Father)] except the one who came down from Heaven: The Son of Man [later: who is in Heaven]. And only he has seen [also meaning fully perceived and understood] The Father."
- The similarity in independent testimony of more than one eye witness, of more than one person, is considered valid. "In your own law, it is written, 'The testimony of two men is valid'. I am one who testifies on my behalf, and the other is my Father."
- Therefore, let's think critically. If the common ground of the testimony of two witnesses can be upheld in court, and if a person thinks that the eye witness account of a single skeptic is valid, or even more valid than the eye witness account of a non-skeptic, then certainly two or more skeptics who are non-believers should be therefore trustworthy in their common account. With that logic in mind, let's see what the non-believing skeptics had to say. These skeptics were considered well-trained experts in this field, and they even claimed to believe in God already, so that was allegedly no personal hurdle for them to overcome, and no point of confusion for anyone to question the rationality of any testimony they might give, and it would not apparently be a problem then for calling into question their capacity to use reason and logic. Let's see what the skeptics had to say, and let's see how trustworthy skeptics and skepticism really is, and whether or not it is worth putting one's faith in, and whether or not it is even worth considering at all:
- Matthew 28
- After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, because an angel of The Lord came down from Heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white like snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
- The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, because I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the spot where he was placed. Then go quickly and tell his disciples, 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
- So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid, yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly, Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet, and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
- While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, telling them, "You are to say, 'His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.' If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble." So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.
- Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in Heaven and on Earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I assure you that I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- So you see that skepticism is as logical as an infinite loop of doubt: if it makes sense to be skeptical, then why not be skeptical about skepticism and being skeptical? It is also a destructive thought process instead of a constructive thought process. A destructive thought process takes away understanding, and a constructive process leads to understanding. Skepticism is as rational as placing onto its packaging a list of ingredients that a food product does not contain.
- "You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and sky. Why don't you know how to interpret the present time? Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right? Make every effort to reconcile with your adversary while you are on your way to the magistrate. Otherwise, he may drag you off to the judge, the judge may hand you over to the officer, and the officer may throw you into prison. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last [unit of smallest monetary value]."
- Skepticism is destructive, provides no basis for trustworthiness or reliability, is an implicit [hidden, clandestine] product of arrogance, and is proven by its results as being not worthwhile. Why even consider practicing it at all? If you want to know the truth, all wisdom is proving that you must simply listen to Jesus Christ. And I'll tell you another secret: your enemy, who wants you to be destroyed, and whose kingdom and work is all about destroying you and as many other souls as God allows, will accept anything except the matter of listening to Jesus Christ, because, as Jesus Christ explained, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes." "Whoever believes [looks to The Son of Man and believes the one who sent The Son of Man] has eternal life and can no longer die, because that person has thusly crossed over from death to life." "No one can come to me unless my Father enables them to do so, and then I will raise them up during The Last Day. Everyone who The Father gives to me will come to me, and I will never drive away the one who comes to me [until the door is shut on The Day of Judgment, when I will simply tell those on the outside, "I never knew you; away from me, all you evildoers!"]. This is the will of him who sent me: that I will not lose any of those he has given to me, but raise them up during The Last Day; it is my Father's will that everyone who looks to The Son and believes in him will have eternal life and that I will raise that person up [resurrect them] during The Last Day. The Son of Man did not come down from Heaven to condemn the world, but to save it through himself. There is a judge for the person who rejects me and my words: that very word that I spoke will condemn that person on The Last Day. I did not speak on my own, but only what the Father says and does to show me to say and do, and I do this exactly, because I know that his words lead to eternal life. This is eternal life: that a person would know [you,] the only true God, and Jesus Christ, who [you] he sent. [That sentence was said in prayer to God.] I am not seeking glory for myself, but there is one who seeks it, and he is The Judge. I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death." (paraphrased, concatenated).
- "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." Therefore, skepticism is evil, and that is obvious because it is a product of arrogance, folly [ignorance], evil thoughts, theft and deceitfulness [dishonesty]... and therefore is an action of Satan wanting to "sift you like wheat", as Jesus Christ said to Simon-Peter, son of John, and so skepticism is revealed to be a practice of narcissists as a term for their selective hearing, because they did not listen to Jesus Christ who already explained thousands of years ago that a person is not in control of their own capacity to understand. Knowledge of what something is not, is useless, because, because God alone is good, potential and potential for improvement is infinite, as Jesus Christ explained, "with man, this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible". It only makes sense to seek to know what something is, not what something is not, and that is why skepticism has no place among reason -- not rational hearts, minds, souls, or wills. To practice skepticism is to practice the fruit of many evils, but Jesus Christ said, "everyone on the side of truth listens to me". When a person refuses to believe, they refuse to believe in reality and existence, and the bottom of that pit of folly is an increase in deceit and despair. As I have said, Jesus Christ leads his students to happiness, but those who serve themselves find despair.
RAW Paste Data