- SO YOU HAVE DECIDED TO LEARN THE ART OF THE VOXEL MAKING FOR DOOM
- or you just stumbled here. Whatever.
- SLAB6- advsys.net/ken/download.htm
- strip2voxel- host-a.net/u/scott_aw/strip2voxel050410.zip
- SLADE- slade.mancubus.net/
- (if you are into DOOM modding and you don't have it by now there's something wrong)
- KVXOffset- http://www.teamhellspawn.com/kvxoffset.zip
- 1)- The slow and safe way
- 1- If it's doom pallete based, get the slab6 compatible doom pallete at:
- www.mediafire.com/?egymq8yla4c6bvu (cortesy of spritenoobsaibot)
- 2- Start a new voxel at slab6
- 3- Import the pallete by going Tools->Replace pallete
- 4- Make it cube by cube (artistic skill not included).
- Keep these options and tools in mind:
- >Face shading is great for cube placement but sucks for accurate colouring
- >Hollow filling
- >Optimize dimensions
- Remember: In slab6, there's no undo!
- 5- Save as kvx. Only 1 mip is needed.
- 6- If the center of the voxel is awkwardly placed use kvxoffset.
- !ACHTUNG! It may screw up your pallete, so use it before colouring!
- 7- Colour it (again, artistic skill not included).
- (hint: if based in a sprite, use strip2voxel in the image to get an accurate
- colouring guide. Guessing the right tone of brown is hard)
- 8- If you're working with an archive format (eg pk3) make a voxels/ folder and
- put all of your voxel (KVX) files into that folder.
- If you're working with a WAD (or similar format) then put it between
- some VX_START and VX_END markers.
- Either way, you're going to need to make a VOXELDEF(S) file. So, make one.
- 9- Follow the VOXELDEF guidelines here: zdoom.org/wiki/VOXELDEF and you're done!
- 2)- Shortcut to glory
- 1- Instead of doing steps 1-7, learn how to use strip2voxel following this
- video [ youtu.be/KtE95k8gGK8 ] (above average comprehension skills required)
- 2- Get a good spriting program and make voxels as fast as ~>cl_run TRUE
- (seeking a spriting guide is advised)
- Some more useful links on voxels here: www.teamhellspawn.com/voxels.htm
Faqqer Oct 4th, 2013 109 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data