- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 23/11/2015 Monday 23:00
- GENERAL: According to the police there, there are around 2000 people in Idomeni camp now, so now all the sleeping tents are full. Only those people are there, who are not allowed to cross the border, because they are not from Syria, Afghanistan, or Iraq.
- // We have adjusted our structure a bit to provide volunteer-related info for the whole Balkan route. Please let us know if this is more easy to read and understand. //
- - Idomeni: Reported hunger strike from Iranian and other nationalities, who demand to cross border which is closed for them. Iranian guy sewed his lips together as he started a hunger strike. 1788 people crossed the border today. UNHCR and other NGOs on site providing help.
- - Lesvos and other islands: Today we got somewhere between 5 - 7 boats in the north coast of Lesvos. The turkish police and the turkish coastguard strengthening the controls has definitely been a reason for the drop on refugee boats. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - Gevgelija: Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Miratovac: Problems with local taxi mafia and police, volunteers have problems providing info, which allows refugees to avoid paying huge sums to local mafia. Small czech team and Humedica are on site, but they are still asking for 4-5 volunteers to extend their shifts, please contact Martina +420 724 073 335 or Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com.
- - Preševo: No need for volunteers at this moment, some adjustments are being made (new entry and exit points) to shorten waiting time at the entrance to camp. Volunteers are still lacking warm clothes to hand out and money for purchasing food. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561
- - Dimitrovgrad: Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - Beograd: Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Šid/Adaševci: Principovac camp nearby is empty and ready for newcomers. Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is stable there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles it internally, only few of people needed.
- - Slavonski Brod: Number of migrants who entered the Republic of Croatia from midnight until 9 p.m. is 5184. Slavonski Brod Temporary Admission Center currently states 3165 persons. Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- What is needed here:
- 1) shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's.
- 2) aids for the age- and movement-impaired: incontinence pads, wheelchairs.
- 3) aids for baby transportation: baby carriages, baby carriers.
- 4) warm cold weather gear: caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets (though not as much).
- - Dobova
- Hungarian team SOS Bamako is in need only of medical staff there: doctors and nurses, medical students, for the last week of November - starting Tuesday. Contact Petra Szabo via FB: https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - Sentilj: Camp almost empty today, but Slovenska filantropija needs volunteers for several locations, mainly Sentilj and Dobova. Donations of winter clothes and shoes are also very welcomed. Accreditation is obligatory so please send your full name, date of birth, nationality and address of residency to email@example.com. For other info please contact +386 41 654 726.
- - Spielfeld: Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - New data from unhcr.org: 101 000 people came to Greece 1.11. to 20.11., average 5000 daily, last days dropping to 4000 daily. Syrians 54 000, Afghanis 25 000, Iraqis 8500. From 1.11. to 20.11. 13 000 came from other countries - out of which 3700 Pakistan, less than 500 Somalia.
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 23/11/2015 Monday 23:00
michalberg Nov 23rd, 2015 534 Never
RAW Paste Data