systems_architect Sep 23rd, 2016 (edited) 328 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Fitness Framework
- ## General Rules
- - If you are tired you should do something anyway. Just something.
- - Low sleep is not really a good excuse.
- - You never get the quality of sleep you want--maybe rarely.
- - Put on some new, good, music.
- - Loop one favorite track over and over.
- - If your neighbors might be around, just wear headphones.
- - This is why the Dropbox script is important.
- - Stretch before starting.
- - Stretch the right muscles.
- - Do hardest exercise first.
- - Drink water during exercise.
- - Be very careful about maxing stuff. Avoid injury.
- - Prefer reps, generally.
- - If it's getting really hard, rest a bit longer.
- - When you start to slack off, check for plateaus.
- - If it's a plateau, see below.
- ## In a plateau
- Not enjoying, or not progressing?
- - Not enjoying at all
- - Say: What I'm doing isn't fun anymore, or it's just not working.
- - Give yourself freedom to make things up and be creative.
- - "Oooh, push-ups on pillows. What would that be like?"
- - Google: "Signs of exercise plateau"
- - Watch Youtube: Look up "exercise plateau tips"
- - Write down your best ideas
- - Figure out if you're just in beginner mode for too long
- - Look up ways to take it to the next level.
- - Figure out what the Intermediates are doing!
- - Change your rep range! This is common. Instead of 4x10, do 4x12. Or 1x6 to 1x4
- - Change little variables. Grip position. Style. etc.
- - Not progressing at all
- - Take a week off.
- - Grease the groove.
- - Get in another set of as many reps as you can.
- - Go to failure.
- - Drop sets: Drop the weight / intensity down every set.
- ## Getting Stronger by Building Bigger Muscles
- - Just do 100 reps
- - Pushups learned:
- - Do 10 each time, but half of those in a different configuration.
- - Easy as you like; it's better than not doing 100.
- - Super heavy dumbbell rows
- - Very high volume of e.g. pushups at the end of a workout
- ## In a new plan
- - Take it easy.
RAW Paste Data