How Do I connect a Canon LAN Printer?
goemasmith Mar 14th, 2019 84 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- How Do I connect a Canon LAN Printer?
- 1. Connect your Canon printer to your network. The method for this varies from printer to printer. Nearly all modern Canon printers can connect to your network via Wi-Fi. Some printers may be able to connect via Ethernet cable, however, this requires that they be close enough to the router for Ethernet to be viable.
- • If your Canon printer is Wi-Fi capable, you can generally connect it to the network using the built-in menu display. Refer to your Canon printer's documentation or look up the model online for exact instructions.
- • Ensure your Wi-Fi printer is close enough to the router to get a solid signal.
- 2. Now Connect to the printer (Windows). Now that your Canon printer is on the network, you can use the Windows "Add a Printer" wizard to automatically install the necessary software on your computer to use it. If you are using OS X, then skip down to the next step. You can Contact Canon printer technical support of any queries and assistance.
- • Now Click the Start menu and choose Control Panel. Windows 8 users can press the window button on your keyboard and type "control panel".
- • After that choose now one of them "Devices and Printers" or "View devices and printers".
- • Now tick Add a printer at the top of the window.
- • Now choice "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer".
- • Now select your network printer from the list and click Next.
- • Now Install the necessary drivers if incited. Windows should be able to locate and install the correct drivers for most printers.
- 3. Now Connect to the printer (Mac OS X). Note that when attempting to connect to a network Canon printer in OS X, it must support AirPrint or Bonjour. Check the documentation for your Canon printer to ensure that it meet these specifications.
- • Now Click the Apple menu and pick "System Preferences".
- • Click the "Print & Scan" choice.
- • Now Click and hold the "+" button at the bottom of the printer list.
- • Now Select the printer you want to add from the menu that appears. If the canon printer you want isn't listed, see the Troubleshooting steps at the end of this section.
- • Now Click the Download & Install button if prompted. OS X includes the essential software for many printers but also provides downloads for printers that aren't built-in. click this button will allow OS X to download the necessary drivers from Apple.
- 4. Now Print to the network printer. Once you've added your canon printer to your operating system, you can print to it just as you would a printer connected directly to your computer. Simply choose the printer from the "Print" window of any program.
- • Ensure that the printer is turned on and that you are connecting to the
- same network.
- How to Troubleshooting the problem?
- If you can't find the printer in the list of available network printers. Several printers require you to install the printer software on your computer before you can connect to it over the network. If you're not seeing the printer you want to connect to, try installing the software that came with canon printer or downloads the necessary software from the canon printer manufacturer's support site.
- For Further support, if any, Please contact the 24/7 Canon Printer Customer helpline number +1-888-621-0339. Or contact us by mail at email@example.com
RAW Paste Data