SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 16/11/2015 Monday 22:30 evening
- SERBIA/CROATIA/SLOVENIA 16/11/2015 Monday 22:30 evening
- GENERAL: Situation stable but not good in Preševo/Miratovac, Croatia and Slovenia stable and calm.
- Managing a crowd - useful guide and lessons learned in working with refugees at Balkan route http://www.pomocuprchlikum.cz/managing-a-crowd.html
- Follow http://www.refugeemap.com for detailed info (but be careful about the last updated date, compare info with this update).
- PREŠEVO - Situation stable but not good, cca 4-5000 refugees arrived today. People still waiting in line. Boots, socks, jackets, blankets needed. Financial help needed to arrange the food for refugees. Good amount of volunteers outside the camp, volunteers welcomed in Miratovac (Xhelal Hasani). Enough volunteers on site in Presevo.
- Contact UVP - United Volunteers of Preševo: Jessica Collins - Tel. +381 62 1499 561.
- For Miratovac - please contact Xhelal Hasani from the Center of Solidarity and Advancement - Tel. +381 633 74 034, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BUJANOVAC - should be empty as the decision was supposedly taken by the police not to send refugees there anymore.
- ŠID (train station) - Buses and trains bring refugees here from Presevo, train brings refugees also from Beograd. Refugees stay just half an hour at the train station, buses are stopped earlier (on highway close to Adaševci) and refugees wait in the bus (6 - 14 hours) until the next train is ready. Serbian side has got capacity up to 1500 people in higway, Sid train station and Principovac in case the trains are not able to transport all refugees. Czech volunteer team is the only one allowed to help in Adaševci, possibilities to help are improving, we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too.
- SLAVONSKI BROD - 4 200 reguees entered Croatia so far today, cca 3 200 refugees reported inside camp now. Trains come here from Šid, refugees spend 5-6 hours and leave for Slovenia fluently. Refugees already coming to the camp, but situation calm, registration and trains and buses to Dobova fluent. Volunteers welcome - accreditation required and more in-depth security checks especially for foreign volunteers in place now - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926. Also - no material aid needed now!
- DIMITROVGRAD - Refugees: several hundreds come daily, more families arriving in the last days. Needs: shoes, jackets, gloves, hats, socks. Medical help would be appreciated. Volunteers - 12 volunteers currently on site, including 5 from the Czech team. 3 shifts daily, new volunteers welcome from Thursday - ideally to stay 1 full week. Contact: new coordinator Tarek on site +381 628954577. Complications with authorities in camp today, stay tuned for new info.
- BEOGRAD - Refugees here have the option to go to the Asylum Center at Krnjača, where they have access to hot meals, showers and a place to rest. From Belgrade, they can take the bus to Šid.
- At "Miksaliste" Volunteers are still NEEDED. Join us distributing clothing, shoes, food and hygienic items and creating a welcoming atmosphere for the stop-over in Belgrade. They're still accepting and also redistributing donations to border points, which requires help in sorting and packing. Find out more and please register at Volunteer Spot http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 to see what is needed there and to sign up for timeslots.
- DOBOVA - 1000 in Dobova camp tonight. Slovenian police is in control of the area, with ADRA and Caritas as head NGO's on the spot. Several thousand people cross Dobova Train Station per normal day. All of them are boarding directly on trains going to the Austrian border (Sentilj/Spielfeld) after spending a couple of hours there with the registration procedure. Hungarian volunteers also on site, they are asking for small size fruit yogurts, oranges, small size juice and milk with straws, croissants, candy and lollipops, bubble makers.
- SPIELFELD/SENTILJ - 3800 refugees are in Sentilj camp tonight, but they are moved to Austrian border. "Are you syrious" confirms that there is no need of volunteers in the no man´s land. Slovenian and Austrian authorities have coordinated their efforts and there is no delay now in this area.
- Sentilj volunteers may also sign up with Slovenska Filantropija through their online form (http://www.filantropija.org/prijave/pomoc-na-terenu/), currently they need volunteers in Vrhnika. Volunteers welcome in Spielfeld, but only have access if registered with the Red Cross (Team Österreich) https://www.teamoesterreich.at/cv/tomReg.jsf - See timetable to register for a shift here: https://helfen.st.roteskreuz.at/. For donations, please check this FB site: https://www.facebook.com/RefugeesSpielfeld/
- OTHER NEWS
- - If you have enough time and sources to travel to Lesvos, Greece (or other islands) do that. Volunteers are saving lives from sea and helping out in the camps - Moria and Kara Tepe. Read this volunteering guide to Lesvos: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer.
- - MACEDONIA - they prepare to build wire-fence at the border, but they say, they will not close the border completely. Official NGO's helping. Independent volunteers NOT able to help, accreditation with official NGO necessary!
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu