- Iceful frame savers
- Eagle (-37f)
- -37f from the Luizerang™
- Mammoth Frame Savers (-302f)
- -302f from boomerangs
- Dude nice pickaxe dboost.
- Kuwanger Frame Savers (486f)
- 106f on first room climb
- I utilized the charge tornado here to allow myself to do take some more optimal movement. Dude nice triple item drop from the top turret guy.
- 91f from turtles
- Again the tornados and lag cannon allow me to take some more optimal movement in this section.
- 289 from final climb
- Tornados/lag cannon = more optimal movement etc...
- total 147f
- Test Notes:
- Instead of doing these tests with either optimal TAS execution to show which route is faster in a TAS, or multiple iterations of real time execution to show which route is faster on average in real time with optimal human-level execution (because that would be far too logical), I decided to do most of this testing with frame advance but made some parts in the TAS route slower on purpose to make it more similar to the movement in the fastest TAS like Megiddo did in his Stag 3rd tests, where he slows down on purpose in his stag 3rd moth heart grab and buster stag fights while leaving the ostrich 3rd counterparts as full frame advanced TASes. This way there could be one set of definitive tests that show which route is the superior route without having to get muddied up by unnecessary details like taking into account differences between emulator and console, RNG, time save differences between TAS and RTA, etc... I did, however, make sure to include all of the differences between the two routes instead of conveniently leaving out time savers of one route, like dashing through the fish beam for crab heart only saving time when you have speed burner, and stage select inputs. I also didn't conveniently fail to have video evidence for certain frame savers so that I could say they save significantly less time in a TAS than what is clearly shown in video in other tests (like first scorpion in ostrich and the fall after crab heart).
- Iceful route can be 2.5 seconds faster than Iceless route if you are a TAS when you do Iceful route and a human when you do Iceless route. It should be noted, however, that is is very difficult to become a TAS when you are in fact a human and that no runner has actually done this, so with that said, Iceless route is pretty much faster for everyone unless they take the time to really drill becoming a TAS that intentionally goes slower when doing one route and not the other.
- Now some of you might ask, "Why do the RTA world record and fastest published TAS use Iceless when it is clearly the inferior route?" Simply put, the reason is because they're idiots. Iceful is the one true route of of MMX 100% as evidenced by these tests. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go shit up X1 runners' chats by trying to convince them to do Iceful route because I'm a memelord, and that's what memelords do.
Iceful Frame Savers
HamburgerSan Dec 13th, 2014 (edited) 296 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data