An open letter to Alibaba and Tencent regarding 8kun (8chan)
a guest Oct 18th, 2019 2,870 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- To: email@example.com
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fred Brennan敬上
- Dear Sir or Madam,
- In 2019, three terrorist manifestos were uploaded to 8chan. The terrorists in Christchurch, New Zealand, Poway, California, and El Paso, Texas, used 8chan to upload their manifestos. Between all three attacks, over 70 people died.
- As a result, 8chan was removed from many major American networks. It was deplatformed by Tucows, CloudFlare and Epik in August; and from Zare (UK) in October.
- Since then, 8chan's owner, Jim Watkins, and his son, Ron Watkins, have become more and more desperate to find a host.
- As can be seen at the link below, 8chan also hosted a board supportive of the Hong Kong protesters, and which many Hong Kong people used in their campaign against the Chinese government.
- They are now trying to use your network as their host. I hope that you will not allow them to, and will show them the door, as others have.
- Their IP is 220.127.116.11 (Alibaba) and 18.104.22.168 (Tencent).
- Fred Brennan
RAW Paste Data