Grief Syndrome speedrun FAQ
Exarion Feb 23rd, 2019 (edited) 123 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Grief Syndrome speedrun FAQ
- Q: What is this game?
- A: A side-scrolling beat-em-up based on my favorite anime, Madoka Magica. You can play as any of the girls as fight your way through the five labyrinths featured in the anime. It's a really solid game despite being fanmade.
- Q: What's the speedrun like?
- A: It depends on the category. I'm currently running any%, which in this case means beating the game as fast as possible with any combination of characters. I use Kyoko for stages 1 and 4, and Madoka for stages 2, 3 and 5. Kyoko has fast movement and handles mobs of enemies really efficiently, while Madoka has incredible power that speeds up boss fights.
- Q: What's the WR?
- A: 14:31 IGT by Cztein. It's a very solid run with good execution and great RNG.
- Q: What's your goal?
- A: To beat the WR. I still need to improve my skills and strats to do this, and then I'll need decent RNG in the run. For reference, here are my best splits for each stage: https://pastebin.com/hJA1pePU
- Q: What are the hardest parts of the run?
- A: The third boss, Kirsten, can waste a lot of time with bad RNG, especially if you don't adapt well. The final wave before the fifth boss can take 10-15 extra seconds if you get unlucky. And the final boss herself, Walpurgis, takes 45 extra seconds -- basically a run killer -- if you fail to defeat her in one cycle. You should almost always one-cycle her with proper execution, but RNG is a factor.
RAW Paste Data