- Subject: Lana Polansky & Jenn Frank
- Sources: Patreon, Gamasutra
- Date Compiled: May 30th, 2015.
- Credits: @A_PLANT_'s medium article on various journalist kickstarters / patreons for reference. The rest, original research. https://medium.com/@A_PLANT_/game-journalists-and-critics-crowdfunding-accounts-984a29e13c9
- Note that the way Polansky's patreon is set up, she can get paid each time she produces content. She produced two pieces of patreon supported content before her article on Gamasutra, which means Frank could have patronized Polansky twice. There are also "tiers" that can go up to $20 for extra benefits for patrons. The amount of patronage between Frank and Polansky is unknown. In the article, Polansky devotes a paragraph to linking Frank's website, infinite lives, as well as summarizing the article and quoting from it.
- Furthermore, the article on Gamasutra is specifically shown to be representative of Critical Distance. Jenn Frank is also a patron of Critical Distance and had supported it prior to the article. There is no disclosure of the fact that Jenn Frank was a patron of Lana Polansky or Critical Distance.
- Jenn Frank has been supporting Lana Polansky for 325 days, since 07.09.14: https://archive.is/C4MRb
- Jenn Frank has been supporting Critical Distance for 325 days, since 07.09.14. Same link.
- These are a month after the article, but their weight provides reason to consider them when determining a potential conflict of interest:
- 09.05.14: (@lanathegun101) @jennatar Jenn, I love you. my piece--my work in general--would not be what it is without you. i don't know if that means anything but http://archive.is/0UYqp
- 09.05.14: (@lanathegun101) @jennatar if there's anything you could ever possibly need, please let me know. i feel pretty useless but i'll be there. http://archive.is/ReifO
- 09.05.14: (@lanathegun101) @jennatar @TheQuinnspiracy i just wish i could make this stop and i'm so fucking sorry and i love you both very much. http://archive.is/UmhhT
- 09.05.14: (@lanathegun101) .@jennatar is one of the gentlest, wisest and most eloquent writers to grace games writing. her departure is to this culture's eternal shame http://archive.is/gyTAO
- Articles with Potential Conflicts of Interest:
- 08.04.14: This Week in Video Game Criticism: Do You Really Need Game Jams? (Gamasutra) https://archive.is/t6g9P#selection-1687.1-1717.55
Lana Polansky & Jenn Frank
RobinGale May 30th, 2015 (edited) 4,105 Never
RAW Paste Data