Vita/TV 3.72 downgrade
- How to downgrade Playstation Vita and Playstation TV from firmware 3.71 or 3.72 to firmware 3.65.
- THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED, USE https://github.com/SKGleba/modoru INSTEAD
- 1) Required files:
- - Playstation Vita firmware 3.65: https://mega.nz/#!cZxlgILB!ye2KDvZz8SjvjkhE8VmAAuSWqwmpOZ0_HRDDpNseTLk (the "full" pup)
- - Playstation Vita firmware 3.72: https://mega.nz/#!ldY0FI5Z!YTmjSvIMDX6o4VWIoM3wEXY3hyJbsVRjYtlm2Lp2VXY (the "full" pup)
- - Latest release of modoru by TheFlow: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/modoru/releases/latest
- - dsll-mdr72.vpk by SKGleba: https://github.com/SKGleba/psp2renga/blob/master/decsecldr/lite-72mdr/dsll-mdr72.vpk
- - Decrypted 3.65 update_sm: https://mega.nz/#!q5wFlQbK!kcV89CuNeGqhRCAum_a-osUFli42FBUgV5EiS6PXx7U
- 2) Preparing everything
- - Install both VPKs via vitashell
- - Copy the 3.65 PUP to ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP and the 3.72 PUP to ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE/PSP2UPDAT.PUP if you have a memory card
- - Copy the update_sm.bin to ux0:data/update_sm.bin
- - Power off your device
- 3) Downgrading
- - Power on your device
- - Enable homebrew with h-encore2
- - Start "decsecldr[LITE]", wait until it says "module loaded" and then press [start] to exit
- - If your console hangs (longer than 15secs) or crashes - hold the [power] button for 20s and repeat from step 3, this may happen A LOT of times, good luck!
- - Start "modoru" and follow the instructions displayed on screen
- - Thats it!
- 4) Troubleshooting
- - If you get a long "floating bubble" before modoru starts - abort the process and repeat from step 3.
- - If you encounter a crash during the downgrade process (green screen) - reboot to safemode by holding PS+RT+POWER and select update system firmware->update from vita memory card.
RAW Paste Data Copied