- - Bed skip
- > Helps PP management? Possibly skip getting or at least using a Leppa
- > Helps PP management even more with HP Ice (because HP Ice uses more Surfs than non-HP)
- > Helps Winona Torrent manip with HP Ice (because you OHKO Tropius and can take Torrent from Norman to Winona)
- > Helps Fortree double battle (saves a turn + can save Castform)
- > Can't die on Mt. Pyre double anyway
- > Problem: Can die to Slugma (and probably get Ember more often, which is slower on average because of burn)
- > Problem: Always die to Tropius unless HP Ice
- > Problem: Getting Swampert might put you out of Torrent anyway (in which case bed is definitely slower)
- > Problem: Have to revive slave before T&L, which makes bed skip a ~5s loss before Torrent effects
- - Hidden Power is 34 seconds (20 to get from woman (RRL), 14 to teach on Fly/SW menu)
- - HP Rock 70 saves ~6 turns, 1 PP item, $1000 and 0.5s in Mud Shot misses, decreases Tropius death chance, eliminates Perish Song risk and adds ~6 SE text boxes
- - HP Ice 70 saves ~6 turns, 1 PP item and $1650, eliminates Tropius death chance, eliminates Perish Song risk and adds ~3 SE text boxes
- - X Attack on turn 1 against Slaking with bad Attack (and again on turn 3 if first roll was bad). Use Strength+MS to kill
- - HP Rock and Ice calculations
- - Skip lake candy if no 285 exp? Because you still get all important levels except 34 for Shelly, 34 for Rival 3 and 36 for Mt. Pyre double (Tropius exp or single battles in Mossdeep Gym gives 43 for Lunatone), and you get 37 for Fortree Gym double. Can't candy revive on Tropius, though, and sometimes you need the Speed for Shelly/Rival 3
- - Move Potions down at some point midgame
- - Always 6 Energy Roots and 5-6 Heal Powders
- - Persim x2 with bad Speed for Archie (equip one for Archie and one for Juan)?
- - Sitrus + Leppas on Route 119?
- DONE: WG gym zigzagoon when mud shot can't kill?
- DONE: Lead with WG on Gulpin when mud shot can't kill
- DONE: 1st chimney zubat damage range?
- DONE: x atk + wg + STRENGTH on slakoth? since L30
- DONE: does mud shot work to kill protect? or will it always succeed when used after mud shot?
- > ANSWER: YES, it works
- - when to switch castform + remove MW? depends on taillow slot? want to reduce inputs in HM02 + TM34 menu
- - super potion on swablu? altaria risk? (so buy 1 more super, 2 fewer potions, 1 fewer oran?)
- - swap surf to slot 1 on tabitha mightyena (hideout)?
- - have swampert attack castform on mossdeep gym double if it has a decent chance to draw cm/psychic?
- - with bad Speed or really bad Special, 0 Persims + no X Spec on Archie, or 2 Persims + 1 X Spec? consider spinda
- DONE: when is it faster on average to yolo AA drake? phoebe? when to fly?
- - with bad Speed or really bad Special, 2 x spec for archie + glacia + champ? because rarely need 3
- > ANSWER: YES, and buy 5 X Spec total in this case (6 with good Speed and not terrible Special)
- - buy extra X Speed for Drake
- - 13/11/10 standard buy of 10/6/6/15/2? assuming you fought hiker
- > x spec: T&L x2, archie x2, glacia, champ
- > x speed: norman, rival 3, winona, T&L, archie, drake
- > x atk: maxie 1, flannery, slakoth, vigoroth, norman x4, rival 3 x2, winona x4, flex
- > guard spec: maxie 1, archie
Emerald notes 8/28
Exarion Aug 28th, 2015 (edited) 153 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data