a guest Jul 17th, 2019 71 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Earlier than 6,000 years ago: The Pre-Atlantian age. Humans and Demi-Humans consist of small city states. There are few records from this time.
- 5,500 years ago: King Xai of Atlantis conquers 12 rival states and founds the Old Atlantian Empire.
- 5,000 years ago: Early Age of Atlantis is in full swing, with the appearance of early power cells and high magic.
- 4,700-4,400 YA: First Golden Age of Atlantis. Technology and magic flourishes, and great wonders are constructed. Mysterious Lemuria and farthest Mu are contacted, and the continent of New Atlantis is colonoized. Nothing resembling the First Age has ever been recreated.
- 4,391-4,342 YA: The Reign of Amox, Wizard of Atlantis. Amox was perhaps the most powerful wizard to have ever existed. His uprising and coup shattered the Old Atlantean Empire, and lead to a 49-year war which created much of the Atlantean Wastes and erased the progress which Atlantis had made. After his defeat, he was entombed beneath the wastes for all eternity.
- 4,341-4,001: The Atlantian Dark Ages, in which numerous small successor states fought for power. Most technology and magic was lost.
- 4,325: Foundation of the Dwarven Imperium, and the start of their conquests across the north.
- 4,000-3,950: The Atlantean Restoration, under Emperor Acrar the Bold. The shattered realms are brought back together and the New Atlantean Empire is founded.
- 3,949-3,555: The Atlantean Renaissance. The lost arts are slowly rediscovered. The cities are rebuilt, and the lost glory of Old Atlantis is slowly recovered.
- 3,671-3,657: The Great Atlantean-Dwarven War. After several years of stalemate, Atlantean forces make a break-through utilizing War Magic, which had been lost since the fall of the Old Empire. Several Dwarven kingdoms are absorbed into the Empire.
- 3,640-3,620: The Atlantean-Seelye War. The armies of Atlantis clash with the ancient kingdom of Seeliee, eventually overcoming the Fey and making them a tributary.
- 3,554-3,000: The Second Golden Age of Atlantis. Most of the technology and magic of the Old Empire have been rediscovered. Atlantis rules the known world, with the Demi-human races serving as tributaries or vassals. Great cities sprout from the earth, and new wonders are created.
- 2,999-2,818: The Jotenwar. From the north come the Sons of Ymir, a great army of giants who conquered the northern provinces of the Empire, even besieging the city of Atlantis itself. Decades of brutal conflict end with the Joten defeated.
- 2,817-2,800: The Joten Reconstruction. A period of regrowth after the Jotenwar.
- 2,799-2,600: The Final Atlantean Golden Age. With the Empire renewed after the hardships of the Jotenwar, a period of expansion and growth begins.
- 2,699-2001: The Decline of Atlantis. The Atlanteans grow corrupt and decadent. Their conquests become more brutal, and their rule more oppressive. Their armies overexpand, leading to multiple small-scale rebellions. Technology stagnates, and even declines. Demon cults become common. The government changes form multiple times, from dictatorship to oligarchy, to direct democracy, to anarchy, to aristocracy, to communism, back to dictatorship. By the last century, the cities are only kept running through automata and (where those have failed) legions of slaves. Most of the countryside falls into warlordery or anarchy.
- 2,000: The Fall of Atlantis. It is unknown what the final push was. What is known is that the Gods condemned Atlantis, and struck it from the earth. The great continent which once held most of the Great Cities, High Brasil, was sunk beneath the waves. Earthquakes, plagues, storms, famine, and volcanoes ravaged the world. By the end, most Atlaneans were dead, with the few survivors forming into small bands of warlords.
- 1,999-1,189: The Post-Fall Dark Ages. The world of men regressed into small, tribal bands and city states. The ruins of Atlantis are buried. Petty kingdoms emerge, rise, and fall.
- 1,408: First layers of the Tower of Babel are laid by the Assurite Kingdom, later to become the land of Shinar.
- 1,974-1,704: Rise of the Seeliee Kingdoms and the Neo-Dwarven Imperium. Both of these tributaries had weathered the fall of Atlantis, and rebuilt themselves after the collapse. Using the power vacuum generated by the fall, they seized great expanses of territory, and built their own great cities in the north.
- 1,703-1,455: The Golden Age of the Elves and Dwarves. The Northern Kingdoms have achieved great advances, and have even recaptured some of the glory of Atlantis. Elsewhere, early human empires are forming, most of which are made vassals of the Elves or Dwarves.
- 1,314: Foundation of Ur by the legendary warrior-king Gilgamesh.
- 1,454-1,200: The Great War, a massive conflict between the Elves and Dwarves. Both groups had long rivalries with each other, due to each taking a different path of development after the fall of Atlantis. The Dwarves blamed magical corruption for bringing down the empire, and focused on preserving the technology of Atlantis. The Elves, influenced by their Seeliee masters, blamed technological development, and the dark paths it had taken in the last centuries of the Atlanteans. These two worldviews boiled over in what would have been a minor border dispute in the region now known as The Barrowlands. What followed was a 254 year war which devastated both races. The Barrowlands were rendered useless by magical taint. The great cities of the dwarves and elves were sacked. Millions died. The conflict finally ended in a stalemate, which led to the fall of the Neo-Dwarven Imperium and the isolation of the Elves.
- 1,167: The Rise of the Prophet Urist Kegbeard, and the Great Journey. The identity crisis the Dwarves faced at the end of the war was immense. The Prophet Urist Kegbeard, a former soldier in the war, had a vision. A land of mountains far away from the old world. A way for the dwarves to start over, free of the bloodshed of the past. Urist and his followers gathered up supplies, technology, and supporters and set out on the Great Journey to the promised land.
- 1,100: The caravan of the Great Journey reaches the Frostline in Baltica. Many dwarven families had branched off before then, resulting in a massive diaspora across the north. Those who still followed the prophet continued on into the snowy wastes. No-one knows what became of them.
- 900-850: The rise and reign of Shu-Bad, The Flenser of Nations. Originally from Ur, he conquered the entirety of the Levite Plains, and was infamous as a brutal tyrant. He was killed by a lone warrior 850 YA, and his empire swiftly collapsed.
- 768: Orcus takes the throne in Etrius.
- 765: Etruscany conquers the rival city-states of the Etrus Peninsula, starting the Etruscany Empire
- 764-500: The rule of Orcus, Lich King of Etruscany. Orcus conquered most of the North, and made vassals of the South. His tyrannical rule ended with his failed attempt to ascend to godhood, and the Glorious Rebellion against his rule, leading to the break-up of the Empire.
- 648: Conquest of Argos by Orcus. The royal family, The Line of Aloeus, escaped before the city was encircled, with a promise that he would return with an army and free the city. Orcus then made an offer to the city: instead of becoming a vassal of Etruscany, Argos would become a 'free city' not subject to most Etruscan laws, as long as they allowed troop movements and paid taxes. The nobles of the city ended up taking the offer, creating the Free City of Argos. During Orcus’s reign it became a bastion of freedom, and a great economic power (as it did not implement the duties and tariffs of Etruscany). This economic activity became a great source of revenue for Etruscany, so they tolerated the city’s semi-independence.
- 499-300: The Glorious Uprising, a series of rebellions in which the provinces of the Empire broke away.
- 499: Midgrad declares itself independent of Etruscan rule, recognizing Otwin the First as the new king.
- 498-320: The Korus uprising, a long series of campaigns against the Etruscans, which ended in the formation of the Kingdoms of Korus and Vicna.
- 450-399: The Nafitu Rebellion. An alliance of city states in Nafitu declare independence. This ends with the emergence of the Nafitu Kingdom, the predecessor of the modern Nafitu Empire.
- 480-450: The War of the Three Kings, in which three brothers, Posidus, Zerus, and Hadel led a rebellion against the Etruscan governor of the region. This resulted in the foundation of Poseria, Eylissia, and Asphodel.
- 390-374: Galatian Uprising, in which a confederacy of tribes sacked the Etruscan colonies in Galius.
- 300: The Liberation of Argos and the Great Compromise: Evios the Aloen, descendant of King Aloeus, returns to Argos to liberate the city, only to find that the populace is divided. Many wish to continue Free City’s mayoral system, believing that Evios had no right to the throne. The standoff ended with the Great Compromise, in which Evios was declared king, but delegated most of the powers of the king to the city council and the mayor. This system has continued into the present day, with the king being mainly a figurehead.
- 200: Foundation of the Nafitu empire.
- 25 years ago: Nafitu empire begins it’s war of conquest against the Zargos goblinoids.
- 4 years ago: The Conquest of the Zargos goblinoids is complete.
- 1 year ago: King Orius the Aleon is killed by assassins. Prince Silus inherits the throne, and claims evidence of a vast conspiracy to undermine the crown.
RAW Paste Data