- Currently UDP encryptiuon is not supported by clients so the only way to get a secure ADCS hub is to enforce searches to be passive.
- This is a proposal to help with this unneeded strain to the hub. While Asymetric encryption may be optimal in sense of security.
- A symmetric cipher will protect perfectly against outside adversaries given the hub-client connections is also running ADCS and Tokens containing sufficient entropie .
- To signal Support for this ADC0 enhancements clients should add "ADC1" in their SU field (additional to ADC0).
- If a client signals support for ADC1, UDP messages to the client may be encrypted using AES/ECB/PKCS5Padding as Cypher/Blockmode/Padding.
- As key for the AES cipher the first 16 bytes of the Tiger hash of the token sent with the search are used.
- Tiger is choosen as this must work hubindependent and Tiger support is currently mandatory in any client.
a guest Jan 7th, 2010 183 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data