Assetto Corsa Proton workaround
a guest Apr 13th, 2019 1,314 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- system wide wine install (wine4.5 Staging on my side)
- system wide winetrics (20190310 on my side)
- game installed in Linux Steam client
- export WINEPREFIX=~/SteamLibrary/steamapps/compatdata/244210/pfx
- winecfg #change to windows XP -> OK
- cd SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Proton\ 4.2/dist/bin/
- wget 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/A/95A9616B-7A37-4AF6-BC36-D6EA96C8DAAE/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe'
- ./wine ~/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q && WINEPREFIX=~/.ACbottle/ wineserver -k #ignore any errors about recursive use of "something".
- winecfg //change to windows 7 , libraries -> add mscoree -> pick mscoree form list -> set to windows native -> click OK to close winecfg window.
- wget 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/E/6/9E63300C-0941-4B45-A0EC-0008F96DD480/NDP471-KB4033342-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe'
- ./wine ~/NDP471-KB4033342-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /q && WINEPREFIX=~/.ACbottle/ wineserver -k
- winetricks corefonts
- winetricks -q vcrun2008
- winetricks -q vcrun2010
- winetricks -q vcrun2012
- winetricks -q vcrun2013
- winetricks -q vcrun2015
- winetricks --force -q vcrun2017
- winetricks -q msxml3
- winetricks -q msxml4
- winetricks -q msxml6
- winetricks devenum
- winetricks d3dx11_43
- winetricks d3dcompiler_43
- winetricks d3dcompiler_47
- winecfg -> change to Windows Vista -> OK
- run the game from Linux Steam Client (this will take a while but will start)
- This can be probably improved upon, but defining which of these are not needed is in it self huge task.
- See you on track!
RAW Paste Data