- version 2.11.1
- New features and user visible changes:
- * Added a video/audio player. Added ability to take a screenshot of
- the current video.
- * Allow to edit IPTC/XMP fields.
- * Added 3D effects to the slideshow transition.
- * Use a tree view for the folders.
- * Catalogs are listed in the folder tree instead of using a different
- * Allow to create custom file filters. Allow to view any kind of file
- not just images, audio and video files.
- * Allow to search files in the libraries (catalog collections).
- * Added tool to automatically organize files in catalogs, based on
- the file creation or modification date.
- * Allow to choose the metadata to display in the file list.
- * The cut and red-eye removal tools are now integrated in the image
- viewer, instead of using a separate dialog.
- * Added an "Adjust colors" tool to modify the colors of an image in
- single place.
- * Group imported files by date, automatically creating a catalog for
- each different date, furthermore creates a catalog with all the
- imported files.
- * Removed the Tools menu, the file list tools are now listed in a
- toolbar dropdown button.
- * Allow to add files to catalogs using the context submenu, instead of
- using a separate dialog.
- * Use a context submenu to open a file with an external application
- instead of using a separate dialog.
- * Allow to set a custom name for the bookmark menu items.
- * Added a delete command to permanently delete files without moving them
- to the trash.
- * Allow to choose the metadata to print, instead of just allowing to
- print the comment.
- * Moved the system bookmarks in the Bookmarks menu.
- * Allow to set the file type specific options in the preferences dialog
- instead of always asking them before saving a file.
- * The image properties are displayed in a sidebar, no more at the
- bottom of the image.
- * Removed the Image menu. Image tools are now listed in a sidebar
- when the image viewer mode is active.
- * Allow to set a title and a date for the catalogs.
- * Searches are updated in place, without the use of a separate dialog.
- * Removed the script menu, and moved the scripts in a toolbar dropdown
- button. Simplified the script editor tough it still requires some
- advanced skill to be used.
- * Started work to use modern icons. New Tango-ized application icon
- by Ulisse Perusin.
- Technical changes:
- * Rewritten the whole code in order to use an extension (or plug-in)
- based architecture that allows to add new features with ease.
- * Removed the use of old and deprecated libraries such as gnome-vfs,
- libgnome, libgnomeui, libgnomecanvas, libbonobo and many others.
- * Some tools, present in the 2.10 series, are missing because of the
- complete code rewrite. Some of these tools are considered important,
- such as the web album exporter, and will be added during the 2.11
- development series, other secondary tools will added in the next
- development cycle (2.13).
a guest Feb 21st, 2010 374 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data