- PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION A.G. LICHTENSTEIN &
- BUREAU OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ASSOCIATES, INC.
- PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE INVENTORY & EVALUATION
- BMS #: 20100200600260 DIST: 1 UTM: 18/75344/4636655
- OLD BMS #: CTY: CRAWFORD OWNER: PADOT
- MUNICIPALITY: CAMBRIDGE LOCATION: IMMEDIATELY SE OF VENANGO BORO CENTER
- FACILITY CARRIED: SR 1002 (CUSSEWAGO STREET)
- NAME/ FEATURE INTERSECTED: SR 1002 OVER FRENCH CREEK
- TYPE: THRU TRUSS DESIGN: PRATT
- MATERIAL: METAL
- #SPANS: 2 LENGTH: 261 (79.6 m) WIDTH: 18 (5.5 m)
- YR BUILT: 1893 ALTERATION: SOURCE: PLAQUE
- DESIGNER/BUILDER: WROUGHT IRON BRIDGE COMPANY
- The bridge carries a 1 lane street and sidewalk over a stream on the east edge of Venango
- borough. It is not contiguous to the developed area, which consists primarily of
- undistinguished, early 20th century vernacular houses, most with modern siding and altered
- windows. Southeast of the bridge is a wooded, sparsely developed area. The setting does
- not have historic district potential.
- CURRENT NATIONAL REGISTER STATUS:
- SURVEY NR RECOMMENDATION:
- The 1893, pin connected, two span, 261'-long, Pratt thru truss bridge is supported on an
- ashlar pier and abutments. It was fabricated by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company, and the
- hip floor beam hangers have their distinctive four-pronged detail. The cantilevered sidewalk
- is finished with a handsome lattice railing. Crawford County is rich in pin connected, metal
- truss bridges with 35 ranging in date from 1870 through the early 20th century remaining.
- This bridge stands out as a long, complete, multiple span example of its type and design.
- Adding to its significance is its documentation to a prominent fabricator. The bridge is
- historically and technologically significant.
- PHOTO INDEX (DATE): 328:27-33 (7/97) REVIEWED BY/ DATE: GMK (8/98)
a guest Dec 10th, 2008 62 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data