- 1. Why are you interested in becoming a What member?
- 2. How often do you plan on using the site?
- 3. What kind of internet connection do you have? D
- 4. Are you a member of any other private trackers?
- 5. How much experience do you have creating & uploading torrents? Which BT client do you use?
- 7. How big is your music/cd collection? What bitrates/formats?
- 8. What application do you usually use to rip CDs & how many you have (estimate)?
- 9. What is the difference between a lossy & a lossless audio codec?
- 10. What are VBR & CBR? Out of following pick the highest standard LAME mp3 bitrate: 192, V0, V2, 320, V4, 512?
- 11. What is transcoding, in terms of audio?
- 12. Will these transcodes give the same result as if they were done straight from an original cd? "YES" or "NO" for each one please.
- a. 320 -> 192
- b. V2 -> 192
- c. 256 -> 256
- d. 256 -> 320
- e. wma -> mp3
- f. FLAC -> mp3
- g. mp3 -> Audio CD -> mp3
- h. mp3 -> Audio CD -> FLAC
- If no more than one lossless to lossy encoding is permitted which of these transcodes are/is generally acceptable? Give only a YES or NO for each specified example.
- a. CDDA->WAV->CBR
- b. 320->WAV(PCM)->FLAC
- c. MP3->WMA->AAC
- d. AAC->MP3->ALAC
- e. FLAC->APE->WAV(PCM)
- f. APE->FLAC->APE
- g. FLAC->WAV(PCM)->CDDA
- h. WAV(PCM)->ALAC->AAC
- i. MP3->APE->FLAC
- j. V0->CBR->WAV(PCM)
- k. CDDA->WAV(PCM)->MP3
- l. V2->V1->V3
- m. V0->WAV(PCM)->CDDA
- Which conversions are acceptable without having *obvious* quality loss? No more than one (1) lossless to lossy transcode is allowed to take place. Answer Y (YES) or N (NO) to the following:
- a. 192 MP3 -> 320 MP3
- b. CDDA (CD) -> FLAC
- c. 320 MP3 -> 192 MP3 -> q6 Vorbis (Ogg)
- d. FLAC -> CDDA (CD) -> 320 MP3
- e. APE -> FLAC -> q7 Vorbis (Ogg)
- f. WAV (PCM) -> 256 MP3 -> APE -> FLAC
- g. V0 MP3 -> CDDA (CD) -> 320 AAC (MPA/MP4) -> WAV
- h. ALAC (MPA/MP4) -> CDDA (CD) -> APE -> V2 MP3 -> FLAC
- After that :
- 1. How often will you use the site?
- 2. How long will you seed for daily, and how long in total?
- 3. What is the concept of maintaing a ratio?
- 4. Will you be able to maintain an acceptable ratio on What.cd? Can you prove to me that you have been able to do this on other private bittorrent sites?
- 1. Explain how lossy and lossless audio codecs are different Give three examples of each.
- 2. What is CBR & VBR? How are they different? Explain.
- 3. What is v0?
- 4. What is the highest possible mp3 bitrate?
- 5. Give examples of methods that could be used to prove an audio file is actually the type of format/bitrate advertised.
- 6. - Define transcoding - In terms of audio.
- Is it good or bad and why?
- Are there good AND bad transcodes? Explain.
a guest Mar 11th, 2009 1,087 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data